Injury Report: Mike Smith(Lower-body)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Someone fill me in on what happened?

Left during a commercial break. I have a sneaking suspicion he actually got hurt in the Hawk game but has been hiding/fighting it. Was wincing in that game, wincing tonight early on. No word on severity yet.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
****. Labarbera can't carry them all season. That's not good.

He has starter skill, just backup level consistency. They may have no choice but to ride the hot hand until Smith comes back. Looked pretty good tonight. Maybe Visentin gets a cup of coffee?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Jason just said he noticed Smith was injured in warmup

Like I said, Hawk game. Should know better than to try and play through something. It's early. I realize it's a contract year for him, but you can't take risks like that.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
At least we know it can't be too bad if he tried to play through it.

#Coyotes G Mike Smith was in the hallway outside the locker room after the game. "I'm fine," he said, smiling. "No media questions."

tightness/cramps is the reason given.

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
You sound like a Leafs fan! Don't be so dramatic.
If Smith is out for more than a week we're going to have Chad Johnson starting games. Chad Johnson is a really bad goaltender and we'd be better off with both Visentin and Lee instead of him. Chad Johnson should be down in the ECHL instead because that's a league on par with his skill level.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If Smith is out for more than a week we're going to have Chad Johnson starting games. Chad Johnson is a really bad goaltender and we'd be better off with both Visentin and Lee instead of him. Chad Johnson should be down in the ECHL instead because that's a league on par with his skill level.

in his defence Chad Johnson has been outstanding this year in the AHL. He's meant to be a short term stop gap. I think he can handle that role.

Toadvine

Master of karate and friendship
Jan 18, 2006
Rand McNally
Any update on Smith?

I watched the replay but its really hard to tell whether or not he tweaked something or it was simply a bad case of cramps. Any word if he made the flight to SJ or will be dressed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad