Player Discussion Mike Santorelli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
9 goals 5 assists 14 points in 50 games playing just over 10 min a game. 3 goals and a assist in his last 5 games. What do you think of him and would you want to re-sign him and if so what kinda of contract?

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
He's a pretty decent utility player. Early in the season I didn't find him that useful but as he's learned the system he's really started to gel more and has looked great beside Getzlaf and Perron. Love his work ethic and the way the puck seems to find him. Without looking at our cap structure with Rakell/Lindholm and possibly Vats/Andersen signed, I'd comfortably offer him something like 2-3 years in the 1-2.5 mil range.

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I don't dislike him and wouldn't mind seeing him back at a decent price, but I think it makes just as much sense to build the rest of our line up first and then see if he fits our needs as a later summer bargain again if still available.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I agree with what Static said in the GDT. He's versatile. Exactly the kind of player that I think you want in your bottom six, who can also contribute in more important roles when needed.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
if hes willing to come cheap then i'm all for it. would definitely be willing to sign him for a 1-2 year contract at around 1-1.5m per

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
He's been useful, but we have a lot bigger fish to fry before we worry about re-signing a guy like him. Let's see where the team shakes out at the draft and then decide.

andyolly

Jun 4, 2014
SoCal
I would hand him 2-3 years, $1.5 million, maybe $2, but I bet another team will offer him a bit more and he'll leave.

Oct 18, 2011
always around the puck, feel like he can produce with the right players
getzlaf and perron are good linemates for him

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010
Santorelli is a good bottom 6'er and I'm glad he can contribute when put in a bigger role. I wouldn't be surprised either way if he leaves or stays this offseason. If Murray can get him at a reasonable price I'm all for it. To be fair, I wasn't sure he'd mesh well with Getz and Perron so I'll eat my words and hope he can continue to produce.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Was hoping we'd sign him in the offseason. Glad we did, I think he's been real good as a bottom 6 player.

Would definitely resign him at ~1.5-1.75M for 1-2 years.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I guess I'll be the wet blanket, but outside of getting hot and scoring a few goals recently, he's just been a plug in my eyes. I like his versatility, but he goes for long stretches where his play is entirely forgettable. Unless he signed another cheap 1-yr deal, I'd rather go with one of the kids next season, Noesen might fit the bill.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Could be re-signed but he's way down on the priority list and someone may want to pay him more. I don't think it's going to be a problem to replace him.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Could be re-signed but he's way down on the priority list and someone may want to pay him more. I don't think it's going to be a problem to replace him.

I think we should re-sign him, as it's probably not going to cost much to do so. Never a bad idea to have a good depth guy locked up. I especially like Santorelli because of his versatility and how useful he's been to us recently, he even took a discount to come to Anaheim in the first place.

I agree that he's not going to be the top priority for us, and there's no sense to overpay for his services either. Nevertheless I'd like for him to be a Duck next year.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
1M is what I'd offer. He started off the year like Sekac, but we didn't have any expectations for him to be decent.

Quite happy with his play recently - I was wondering when we'd see the Canucks version of Santo.

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
Loved the signing at the time, would love to resign for 1-1.25 mil for 2 years.

I think this range is fair. Santorelli has been a journeyman throughout his career, so he may be receptive to picking up some stability with a team and a raise to boot.

I don't imagine anyone is going to offer him more than $1.5M unless their film guy just loops the Calgary game highlights over and over, but you never know. :laugh:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I guess I'll be the wet blanket, but outside of getting hot and scoring a few goals recently, he's just been a plug in my eyes. I like his versatility, but he goes for long stretches where his play is entirely forgettable. Unless he signed another cheap 1-yr deal, I'd rather go with one of the kids next season, Noesen might fit the bill.

Agreed, his best attribute this season is that he can play center and wing. Hopefully he keeps playing like he has the last 5 games because that'd be huge for us, but he hasn't been that great overall. I was expecting 35 points at least from him coming into the season. Doesn't look like he'll get there

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I was talking to a friend the other day and despite both Stewart and Santo being meh signings, they both could potentially be 15 goal scorers for this team.

Which would be great depth scoring if they weren't both spending so much time on the top line. At any rate I'd love to have them both back at the same or similar salaries provided we add an actual top 6 winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad