Mike Rupp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
If they can't get rid of Rupp somehow...could they have him retire and made part of the coaching staff and hide his salary that way ??? He could be our new Grappling & Hanging On Consultant and we could pay him over a 5 year term . Good money for an assistant coach in the NHL and helps our Cap ? Crazy...:deadhorse

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Let me preface this by saying I think the 4th line gets entirely too much discussion time around here considering the ice time Torts has historically provided it, and its general lack of importance.

With that said, I struggle to find any sort of identity whatsoever coming from a group like Rupp-Halpern-Asham. Thats a 4th line that, on paper, looks like it can provide some energy - but its pretty evident that there a lot of tread on those tires.

I dont think they've hurt the team by any means. And I dont think a 4th line on a Torts' coached team can really do much to help the team, so I guess thats why Im sort of indifferent to the whole thing.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

I'm shocked by this thread.

Rupp is a great 4th liner, who happens to be playing on the 3rd line due to Cally and Kreider being out tempporarily

I think he could be a great 4th liner, but you can't say he's been anything special on the ice. I've always been a fan of Rupp, I think he's a heavyweight who can actually play the game, but he hasn't done anything.

I defended him plenty, but there comes a point where I can't do that anymore, until he starts proving he's an asset and provides this team with an element they're lacking.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

Not saying we should have brought him back, but look at what Shelley was able to accomplish on our 4th line. He fought. Hit. Even provided some offense.

I'd like our 4th line to provide some physicality. Rupp's skating has regressed so bad that he can't get from point A to B to even lay a hit on someone.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
My patience is starting to run thin with Rupp. I was aware he struggled last year but thought it was just him getting his legs back under him due to his knee injury, but it seems like he has just lost a step, which really is hurting his game. He seems like a great calming veteran presence who does not get flustered and probably helps give the rest of the team confidence, but I'v really been disappointed in his play since he signed with the Rangers.

Here is to hoping he can regain his game and continue to score more timely goals than just the last winter classic.

Stepanformayor*

I think he could be a great 4th liner, but you can't say he's been anything special on the ice. I've always been a fan of Rupp, I think he's a heavyweight who can actually play the game, but he hasn't done anything.

I defended him plenty, but there comes a point where I can't do that anymore, until he starts proving he's an asset and provides this team with an element they're lacking.

With all do respect i still personally don't see how anyone can consider MR a Heavyweight?.. I guess maybe you can if you consider he seems to at least be Willing to go with most anyone. God bless him cause it surley is a tough way to make a living, but going back to last year it sure seems to me he ends up on his back everytime he fights.. Let's not fool ourselves here folks MR is not on the roster to score goals. If he isn't beating people up or creating some sort of disturbance with the other team what good is he? IMO his fights this year have actually hurt us cause when he fights it always seems to swing the momentum i the other teams favor..

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If they can't get rid of Rupp somehow...could they have him retire and made part of the coaching staff and hide his salary that way ??? He could be our new Grappling & Hanging On Consultant and we could pay him over a 5 year term . Good money for an assistant coach in the NHL and helps our Cap ? Crazy...:deadhorse

If they want to get rid of him that badly, they will likely give him a compliance buyout.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
With all do respect i still personally don't see how anyone can consider MR a Heavyweight?.. I guess maybe you can if you consider he seems to at least be Willing to go with most anyone. God bless him cause it surley is a tough way to make a living, but going back to last year it sure seems to me he ends up on his back everytime he fights.. Let's not fool ourselves here folks MR is not on the roster to score goals. If he isn't beating people up or creating some sort of disturbance with the other team what good is he? IMO his fights this year have actually hurt us cause when he fights it always seems to swing the momentum i the other teams favor..

While I sort of agree with your point, I think you're giving WAY too much credit to how a fight can change momentum.

I come to this board every day watching people argue about this kind of stuff and find it ridiculous in the grand scheme of the team.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
much rather get someone who has a bit more skill

Rupp Eminger and 3rd (Fla) to Kings for Anthony Stewart and either Kyle Clifford or Jordan Nolan

I don't understand trade proposals like this. In order to receive valuable pieces, you also need to part with valuable pieces. Rupp and Eminger have no trade value whatsoever.

Punxrocknyc19*

I don't understand trade proposals like this. In order to receive valuable pieces, you also need to part with valuable pieces. Rupp and Eminger have no trade value whatsoever.

Rupp did have some trade value 8 years ago.... :help:

2005/10/08 Columbus Blue Jackets traded Geoff Sanderson and Tim Jackman to the Phoenix Coyotes for Jason Chimera, Cale Hulse and Mike Rupp.
2004/03/05 Phoenix Coyotes traded Jan Hrdina to the New Jersey Devils for Michael Rupp and a 2nd round selection in 2004.

maybe there is hope Rangers can get some type of value back for him :sarcasm:

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Rupp just got traded to Min.

Guess those of us posters here saying he is done do not in fact no more than the GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->