Mike Rupp

Status
Not open for further replies.

zelrio*

Piece of trash bum. I'd take Sean Avery at league minimum over him in a heart beat.

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
LOL it's funny reading people defend him on the first page and now after tonight's game people are saying that he sucks...

The dude is too SLOW to be effective in the NHL. He played in the damn Federation League with one of the guys I used to work with for the Danbury Trashers for christ's sake. It's not like he's great at defense either... more often than not he can't handle the puck well enough to do anything with it so I don't really understand what the point is other than not having anyone else to play.

I appreciate what he did in the Winter Classic and I love the type of person he is, but the guy is garbage on the ice. Are we really going to use a regular season game from last season and say, "Oh it's ok if he sucks now.. he won us a hyped-up regular season game last season!"

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
If I hadn't been watching the games and have just read this thread I would have thought that Rupp had cracked the 10 minute barrier in at least a game this season and isn't average 7:26 per game.

He is a fourth liner getting fourth line minutes.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Why does Mike Rupp get **** when its people above him not getting the job done? Thats the reason hes on the 3rd line.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Rupp is perfect for his role. If the Rangers are expecting offensive contribution from Mike Rupp then there top-3 lines are lacking. That's the issue. Not Mike Rupp.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I put this on the trade board and i'm sure people will disagree

To sends Connolly to the Rangers and eats half the Salary. Rangers use Connoly 2nd line for now and see if he can score some goals. FA next yr

Leafs take Rupp back , they have space next yr and could use a vet tough guy, our buddy Orr is a UFA.

Vickers8

I put this on the trade board and i'm sure people will disagree

To sends Connolly to the Rangers and eats half the Salary. Rangers use Connoly 2nd line for now and see if he can score some goals. FA next yr

Leafs take Rupp back , they have space next yr and could use a vet tough guy, our buddy Orr is a UFA.

Always liked Connolly, but they won't take Rupp for him...

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I really is amazing. Stepan and Hagelin have been invisible. But the problem is Mike Rupp.

Kreider hasnt been able to hold down an NHL job right now...Callahan has been bad at even strength. But yea, if we just get rid of Mike Rupp and Stu Bickel, everything will be fine.

Oh and Brian Boyle has sucked too....because Bergeron, Crosby, and Giroux really ripped us up at even strength.....oh wait.....

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I find it funny that the same people who are clamoring for the Rangers to acquire as much top line talent as possible every offseason are the same ones harping on the play of their depth players. There's a correlation there.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Would rather not see him playing with Hagelin, but I think the lack of a 3rd line center is a result of that. Rupp doesn't bother me. I have more problems with Bickel and Boyle and the playing time they get. Boyle in the high 10 minutes, Bickel getting any at all.

Bleed Blue 24 7

Ranger's Mascot
Feb 27, 2012
I rather have Bickel over Rupp. Rupp thanks for the winter classic but he should be sent down to Connecticut

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
i want the team's bottom six players to be effective in their roles! Hitting, standing up for teammates, fighting, scoring some goals, energy...

I've always wanted Chris Neil on this team as he's one of the best bottom six players in the league.
He can do all of the above...

I don't mind Rupp so much. I'd like to see what he can do, but i'm concerned he might be pasted it.
Shelf life on these type of players isn't long.

Ice Hockey

Jan 4, 2009
CT
i think Rupp would be more effective in a longer season. he's too slow now and just doesn't have it. i'd have to think the right AHL guy would work better on our 4th line than him.

XLJ

Jan 4, 2010
Yep, he is garbage. All he does it get into staged fights with other goons. What a waste of 1.5 million per year. Give me a 4th liner who can skate, hit and create some energy. I hope Sather dumps him asap.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Thought I would bring this back up, but really...

Should have kept Scott over Rupp, at least Scott can win a fight.

Rupp is -3, has no shots, has like 2 hits, and then gets beat up in fights. Thanks for the 6 minutes a game.

Maybe its just me watching Scott knock around Shawn Thornton like a little school girl.

Shroomtastic71

Mar 19, 2012
NYC/CT
Thought I would bring this back up, but really...

Should have kept Scott over Rupp, at least Scott can win a fight.

Rupp is -3, has no shots, has like 2 hits, and then gets beat up in fights. Thanks for the 6 minutes a game.

Maybe its just me watching Scott knock around Shawn Thornton like a little school girl.

Even though Rupp has declined considerably, there's no way I'd rather have john scott. There's a reason Scott sat in the press box when we had him. He can't skate at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->