News Article: Mike Richards Talks Skipping White House Visit

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Mike Richards Talks Skipping White House Visit

With the Kings on an extended road trip with that included a stop in Washington D.C., a trip to the White House was on the agenda. Though he was recently sent to the AHL, Richards made a surprising decision to some when he opted not to attend the soiree. He spoke with us about that decision after a three point performance in his second game with the Manchester Monarchs…

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
"I just think I probably shouldn’t be missing too many practices at this point and I’m trying to get my legs under me, and trying to learn new teammates. To take a day going to the White House would [mean I] missed a good practice, and I think I needed that."

Well, that settles that. Doesn't sound like sulking to me . . .

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
"I just think I probably shouldn’t be missing too many practices at this point and I’m trying to get my legs under me, and trying to learn new teammates. To take a day going to the White House would [mean I] missed a good practice, and I think I needed that."

Well, that settles that. Doesn't sound like sulking to me . . .

I dunno. Where in there does he thank the org for the opportunity to be in the awkward position of having to explain his decision not to go to the White House with the rest of his former teammates? At least the checks don't bounce!

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
I dunno. Where in there does he thank the org for the opportunity to be in the awkward position of having to explain his decision not to go to the White House with the rest of his former teammates? At least the checks don't bounce!

Geez, that quotation reminded me of the time when fellow HFBoarder Flour Child when he asked me word for word, "If you were Mike Richards what would you be thinking about right now?"

I present to you my full answer:

I'll answer that question, Pardon the Interruption Role Play-segment style! Yes, I'm pertaining to that segment where Kornheiser and Wilbon use cut-out [cardboard] faces on sticks to put themselves on others' shoes.

"I'd feel disappointed at first, but immediately and willingly accepted the purpose of this demotion: as a laser-guided wake-up call directly aimed at me, alongside further motivating the Monarchs on how to earn a winning mentality.

In addition, since Dean sacrificed cap space as a sign of loyalty, I am sacrificing my alcoholic intake, which is a surefire way to get myself back in shape.

An encore of the 2011 off-season will not happen again, especially when that made me realize the pre-existing camaraderie I had with Jeff, to the point even Simon was one of the people that vouched to Dean to trade for Jeff, during the 2012 Trade Deadline, alongside the brotherhood I have earned and gained with the LA Kings locker room.

I wish that Jeff would take my concurrent absence as a blessing in disguise, so that he'd unleash one of the most underutilized roles while on his prime: leadership. Most people do not understand why I previously had Jeff as one of my alternates back in Philadelphia was not only for the fact we previously won and became drinking buddies together, but he possesses the maturity needed to lead. I hope he converts his negative emotions pertaining to my absence into valuable energy for leadership."

Basically, I have to say he's the one who has put himself in this awkward situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad