Mike Richards for team Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
As a Kings fan I have become more impressed by his game the more I watch him. He is such a smart player and I think he would be solid for Canada as well. Does he have a decent shot at making the team? He doesn't receive a lot of press, just curious as to what others think.

Evergreen

I think he should be there. He's a great performer when the pressure builds and he is a proven winner. Beyond that, he's had a solid year this far.

neutral*

He won't be on the starting lineup over Crosby, Toews, Getzlaf, Tavares, Bergeron etc but he should be a depth option.

snizzbone*

I'd like him on the 4th line. Need guys like him who do whatever it takes to win on the team.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
One of my favourite players in the league. Richards and Toews were absolutely scary together (in a good way) last time around. I hope he's there on a fourth line with Bergeron.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
He's definitely a cusp guy. How's his foot speed these days? International ice is going to determine who does and doesn't make the team.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
He's been the most consistent forward on the Kings since the 1st game of the season. 18 pts in 21 games, despite having several linemates . He's playing solid in all 3 zones, terrific on the PK, and esp checking in the offensive zone, he's been sniping pucks at a high level and creating chaos. Given the scouting reports going back to Yzerman, and the fact both Yzerman and Babcock are huge fans of his, (esp Babcock) if he's healthy, he's a lock for the 4th /checking line.
What he gives, as Babcock has attested to , you can't coach. He called Ricahrds a 'goldplated Swiss Army knife that makes the right decision 9 times out of 10 and that's something you can't coach'.
And Richards has leadership in spades and just thrives in pressure like the Olympics brings , one of the smartest players in the game. Also has a mean streak a mile wide and those fangs and that big dose of nasty give an edge to any team he plays for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad