Mike Ribeiro

scoringmachine

Jan 17, 2007
I was bored and flipping the channels yesterday and I saw on TV not sure if it was TSN or the NHL network I heard Mike Keenan and a former NHLer talk about Mike Ribeiro who currently plays for Washington could be traded at the deadline.

What Mike was saying was that if Calgary decides not to rebuild they should pick up Mike Ribeiro. The other guy was saying Vancouver should take him.

In you opinion should Calgary go after Mike Ribeiro. I think they should he would be good with Iginla.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Wanted to add him last year at the draft. But it's too late now. The Caps are looking to re-sign Ribeiro after a terrific start by him but if they can't, they'll move him at the deadline for a pretty significant price, likely a first rounder plus. Flames can't afford to do that.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
The following picture accurately summarizes my enthusiasm level about this subject:

Mike-Ribeiro-239x300.jpg

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
While I think Ribeiro would be great with Iggy its not worth the asking price. Maybe if he's a free agent this summer I wouldn't mind trying to get him as long as there is no overpayment.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Saw the title of this thread, scrolled to quick reply without reading anything so I can quickly reply:

NO

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I think people are being too quick to dismiss. We NEED a legit top 6 centre whether we blow it up and rebuild or compete for a playoff spot. You simply won't win many games without having someone win you the puck and then help generate offense.

I'd take him if the package was right. If Washington wanted a package around Stemps + Backlund, I'd consider it

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I think people are being too quick to dismiss. We NEED a legit top 6 centre whether we blow it up and rebuild or compete for a playoff spot. You simply won't win many games without having someone win you the puck and then help generate offense.

I'd take him if the package was right. If Washington wanted a package around Stemps + Backlund, I'd consider it

:facepalm: Jesus Christ no, this draft we get Barkov/Mckinnon/Lindholm/Monahan that is a top 6 center in 2-3 years, why in gods name do we trade a just becoming top 6 center in Backlund for a 32 year old UFA center? This makes literally no sense for a rebuild so we will probably do it.

BrodieGoat

May 24, 2012
:facepalm: Jesus christ no, this draft we get barkov/mckinnon/lindholm/monahan that is a top 6 center in 2-3 years, why in gods name do we trade a just becoming top 6 center in backlund for a 32 year old ufa center? this makes literally no sense for a rebuild so we will probably do it.

this

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
:facepalm: Jesus Christ no, this draft we get Barkov/Mckinnon/Lindholm/Monahan that is a top 6 center in 2-3 years, why in gods name do we trade a just becoming top 6 center in Backlund for a 32 year old UFA center? This makes literally no sense for a rebuild so we will probably do it.

that

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

You're either:

a) unaware that Ribiero is UFA July 1
b) joking
c) off your medication

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
I wanted Ribby here before, but then I saw howmuch diving/chirping he did in Dallas and was not impressed. He hasn't changed in Washington.

But man the guy has sick hands.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC

Ribeiro is 33 years old and a UFA in the summer, a package with Backlund in it is out of the question.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

Ugh, no. This is the type of thinking that killed our organization. Backlund is presently our ONLY young forward capable of playing in the top 9 and holding his own. He's also showing lots of upside. We're more than a Ribeiro away from the playoffs.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Not really gonna bother responding to every post in this thread. Just gonna say, with a major emphasis, no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->