Mike Ribeiro Scores 700th Career Point (Mod Warning in Post 37)

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Congrats to the guy, just got 700 points for his career, has had a great career aside from personal issues, hope his sucsess continues, he was judged wrongly after a productive yet troubled year last year, really hoping he can get around 850-900 for his career with an outside chance at 1000.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Pet peeve.

RIBEIRO*************

Grats Mike. Wish we never gave you away for a dude that his most notable contribution for the Habs was a creepy picture.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
damn thats a nice move, that goal and a goal he scored against the flames in 11/12 i think, that goal was in ot, he brought the puck behind his back, spun, and placed a bomb shot over mikka kippersauf, he is really skilled

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Never liked him, piss poor character, diver, wrecked some of his teammates / "friends" careers, was a **** disturber in the locker room. Great at getting phantom assists but whens all said and done he isn't a winner.

I hear he's changed, but let's see how long that lasts.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
damn thats a nice move, that goal and a goal he scored against the flames in 11/12 i think, that goal was in ot, he brought the puck behind his back, spun, and placed a bomb shot over mikka kippersauf, he is really skilled

RIBEIRO******* :laugh:

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Indeed. Nobody is perfect. Though, I think someone who strives to be a better man deserves some respect.
700 points is rather impressive too, Ribeiro is a premier playmaking centre.

Washington shoulda kept him. Montreal shoulda kept him too. And Dallas only got a 3rd liner for him.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
700 points is rather impressive too, Ribeiro is a premier playmaking centre.

Washington shoulda kept him. Montreal shoulda kept him too. And Dallas only got a 3rd liner for him.

His hands and vision/hockey IQ made him a premier playmaker. He was never a physical specimen nor a great skater.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
yep thats the goal, wow thanks for posting it, this guy is magic, I think he can get 65ish point for the next 4 to 5 years and can get around 1000 pts.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Never liked him, piss poor character, diver, wrecked some of his teammates / "friends" careers, was a **** disturber in the locker room. Great at getting phantom assists but whens all said and done he isn't a winner.

Wrecked his teammates' careers? What?

Ribs isn't a phantom assist guy, he's a playmaker. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
yeah he used to dive b4, but at the end of the day it may not be respected in the game but it is common, yeah that one was bad, but stars, role players, up comers, scrubs they all will attempt that look at getzlaf,crosby ,ovy they all have dived b4, Im happy he has changed his game so much from b4, hoping kadri can go on to produce like him just with more maturity at a younger age.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Good for him, I've became a big fan of him.

Hope it all continues.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
while you may not like it, it is true, the players do dive a lot, i know that is not what players should do but if players can draw a penalty with one they will try for sure

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

I can't speak to the other stuff but the bolded is pretty much completely untrue.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Guy just absolutely tortures the Rangers. Congrats on a wonderful career, but I'll be so happy when it's over :laugh:

The Camera Eye

Nov 4, 2006
Sainte-Catherine
It's too bad. I was hoping this would be a thread congratulating a player for having a great rebound season. A year after he was bought out and had to sign a 1 year deal to prove himself - and is now one of the better players on one of the better teams in the NHL. A player that has had a pretty good career and hit a milestone tonight. Instead of speculating on "character" issues and perceived locker room issues (that nobody here at HF has any knowledge on, other than pure speculation or secondhand stories), it's too bad we can't acknowledge the impact Ribeiro has had on the Predators and also possibly giving the guy props for turning his life around and facing his demons.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
Good for Ribeiro to get his career on track and gain some success. For some reason ... hard to explain ... I'm happy to see him do well. It must have to do with the holier than thou fans that are all hung up on some antics he pulled a decade ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->