Mike Ribeiro best contract in the league?

OVs Gold Chain*

Valid criticism but I would say he's soft right now and avoids contact. But he still is very effective even without that. He is good at using his body to shield the puck and he makes quick unpredictable passes that create scoring chances and of course he has silky hands. In Washington I believe he depended on the PP. He's producing here 5 on 5.

I can't really refute your argument because I haven't seen him in the playoffs. I suppose we will find out this upcoming April.

He's a valuable asset to get you to the playoffs, he just doesn't respond well to all the physical post-whistle play. Gets riled up and retaliates/gets taken out of his game. Once the opposition starts taking the body on him you can forget about him impacting the game in any positive way.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Have to point out Jake Voracek. League leader in points and playing out of his mind right now. He's only making 4.25 this and next year after which his deal runs out. To me thats the best contract. Glad to see Nashville is making it work. Out of curiosity how much of that is lavy? And does he still say we need more jam? love that guy

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
OP didn't ignore anything and doesn't make his contract any less valuable.

Anyways with the salary cap not really rising like people thought a lot of quality players had to wait quite a while because no one had space to offer anything more than 1m-1.5m.

Mike Santorelli and Daniel Winnik both signed for nothing this offseason because there was no one out there able to pay more.

It makes the contract riskier, which, in financial terms, definitely makes it less valuable.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Ribeiro isn't really well comparable in best contract since he has buyout money added to his current contract. All in all, he gets around 3M this season.

Brooklanders*

Feb 26, 2012
Use context

Forsberg is on his ELC, turned 20 just prior to the season and had 6 points in 18 games prior to the start of the year.

Ribero has 684 career points and was PPG just two seasons ago.

When you explain it that way then I agree he has probably the best deal or best bargain signing of the off season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->