Mike Ribeiro best contract in the league?

habsolutle

Dec 4, 2014
We know that mike had some demons to fight , but we all know the man has great offensive skills..at 1 million its easy to say that hes currently the best contract in the league? 27 pts +14 and 1 of the big reason of forsberg eclosion.

i am happy nashville decided to give him a chance, the man still has plenty to offer .

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
There was never any question about whether he was a high end NHL level player. The question was (and is) if he can play in the NHL for the duration of a contract that isn't just a show-me contract.

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
I think you mean best cap hit versus performance this year. With every point he gets, his demands will increase for next year.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
We'll see the issue if the preds commit long term. If he gets a 3 year, 5 mil deal lets say, he will start floating again, which has always been his issue.

There are also rumors of him being a bad character guy on other teams. So combine those two, and yeah..

habsolutle

Dec 4, 2014
well i did mention that mike had demons to fights..before he signed with nashville most team knew he went to rehab..but only 2 team made him an offer...great gamble by nashville..i think some tema will offer him 4 to 5m next year.

habsolutle

Dec 4, 2014
We'll see the issue if the preds commit long term. If he gets a 3 year, 5 mil deal lets say, he will start floating again, which has always been his issue.

There are also rumors of him being a bad character guy on other teams. So combine those two, and yeah..

Yes but ribeiro said he asked the nhl to get tested regularly, to make sure ehe stay focused..i think that show commitment..

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Yes, they showed a long interview with him last night on TVA Sports (French). Mike looks different. He admitted his problems with alcohol, drugs, partying and not being a good husband. He took the steps required to gain back his wife and kids and to become sober. If he can stay focus, I bet he won't be a cancer and a bad influence. Plus, not denying he's a skilled hockey player.

I'm happy for him, always admired his talent. He just needs to stay clear of alcohol and drugs. Seems like he's doing a fine job right now. But it's an everyday fight and I think he knows it.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
If he had the right attitude and less demons he would be making 6-7 million/year.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
The story around town was that Ribeiro called Poile and wanted a shot in Nashville. Not sure why he picked the Preds, but glad he did and that Poile gave a chance. Apparently Mike even bought a house before being offered a contract here so that showed how bad he wanted to be here. That, and there isn't a ton to distract you around here from family life, minus broadway.

But to answer the question, yes it's the best contract in the NHL by far, as per production. I have no doubt he'll be earning himself a raise and probably with Nashville.

HOLDITHERE*

I'll never understand the hate this guy gets. I've always viewed him as an upper tier player, if he'd stay with a team long enough. I understand he's had locker room issues, but why does that make HF hate him? Guy can dangle with the absolute best of them.

And before you post it, I know. The dive.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'll never understand the hate this guy gets. I've always viewed him as an upper tier player, if he'd stay with a team long enough. I understand he's had locker room issues, but why does that make HF hate him? Guy can dangle with the absolute best of them.

well you just told me not to post why I PERSONALLY hate him :laugh:

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you

There are tons of not so nice stories and events surrounding him throughout his career. I doubt many question his talent, as a person though...

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I wish he accepted the three year, 14.5 mil deal he was offered by the Caps. Great 2C for us behind Nicky. He and Brouwer were good together. A second line of Kuznetsov-Ribeiro-Brouwer would be very effective.

Last edited:

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Tavares has the best contract in the league.

Thanks John for seeing the team's future success and giving them a chance to sign depth.

MovesLikeJagr68

Mar 26, 2012
But to answer the question, yes it's the best contract in the NHL by far, as per production.

If you're going off best contract in the league, as in production by amount of cap hit, then Blake Comeau has him beat slightly.

Going off best contracts in general, I still go with Sid.

Last edited:

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
well you just told me not to post why I PERSONALLY hate him :laugh:

You too? Played against him, with him? Know somebody that did?

(I have been hesitating posting this for 15 minutes... allow me.)

I've been told not to talk about why I hate him either, it would have been slander, but now that he's so open about having drug problems... is it too much of a STRETCH to SPECULATE that Mr. Ribeiro with his involvment with drugs, might have been a BAD INFLUENCE to a great many back when he played in juniors (and maybe that influence sometimes had horrible consequences) and MAYBE sort of was still when he made it to the Habs until he finally badly influenced somebody related to someone real important and then he was kicked out of town ASAP?

If this is slanderous, please delete it. But I'm just bringing this in here as a possibility, just a **** to ponder, and yeah, I hate the toxic little ***** too.

And I challenge anyone to look through my posts and find me hating on someone else, I'm an HF choir boy with two infractions in 10 years of posting. Mike Ribeiro is on that ****list alone.

*Submit Reply*

EDIT: And if he's drug-free now, then I'm happy for his wife and kids. AND, this has nothing to do with the hockey player, he's a good hockey player that could have been a great hockey player had he been sober and focused, however as a person, not a star. Not a scrub. Not in the league or even close to the league.

And to keep this on topic, yeah of course 1M for his talent is a steal, especially if he is sober and focused.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->