Mike Ribeiro among the Top 10 Arizona sports villians

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I'd have put Turris in instead of Ribeiro, personally. Hell, I'd have put Blake Wheeler ahead of Ribeiro for that matter.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Levi Brown - villain for being picked ahead of Adrian Peterson, and then getting injured. Replace him with Daryl Washington.

Ribeiro does belong ahead of Turris due to his financial cost to the team.

I would have thought of adding Brett Hull. No matter how you sugar coat his reasons for giving up five games in, he was brought in as a sort of a face of a sorry franchise.

Joe Johnson doesn't belong on the list.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Upton is in no way a villain. Kendrick ran him out of town and the fanbase bought his garbage.

Typically as demonstrated by this article, the media will not point this out except for a couple-three sports talk radio people.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Why would you hate Richie Sexson? We paid a lot for him, he was alright, got hurt, and then he sucked forever. That's not obviously his fault. I'd also argue that Matt Leinart just wasn't cut out for the NFL and it wasn't his attitude or his behavior that was the difference. I just don't think he had the requisite skillset.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Why would you hate Richie Sexson? We paid a lot for him, he was alright, got hurt, and then he sucked forever. That's not obviously his fault. I'd also argue that Matt Leinart just wasn't cut out for the NFL and it wasn't his attitude or his behavior that was the difference. I just don't think he had the requisite skillset.

Yeah. It's not like we went to another team and became a starter the moment he left us.

The whole list is a joke, minus the Morris twins that have destroyed the Suns team.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I would put Mario Elie in front of some of those. 20 years later I still can't believe the NBA Finals in 1995 weren't the Suns v. my Orlando Magic.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I would put Mario Elie in front of some of those. 20 years later I still can't believe the NBA Finals in 1995 weren't the Suns v. my Orlando Magic.

You just had to remind me.

I almost forgot that happened. It's slightly less painful (and therefore at least mildly more forgettable) than John Paxson for 3 in game 6...

:(

... I just argue that I'm not really a basketball fan :(

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
List sucks. Gretzky, Turris, Wheeler, Sarver, McDo-whatever (Suns current GM), Mike Barnett, and even Jason Richardson (Box out Ron Artest, you idiot) all are more deserving of some of these guys.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
You just had to remind me.

I almost forgot that happened. It's slightly less painful (and therefore at least mildly more forgettable) than John Paxson for 3 in game 6...

:(

... I just argue that I'm not really a basketball fan :(

Heh, yeah, Paxson is probably bigger. Difference is for me in 93 I didn't live here yet (and indeed had no idea I ever would), and the event didn't involve Orlando.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad