Mike Reilly

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
The best team that I have ever seen be assembled with L/R handed shots for dmen is Anaheim. Even their top prospect dmen are assembled perfectly...

Welinski - Right(prospect)
Theodore - Left(prospect)
Montour - Right(prospect)
Pettersson - Left(prospect)
Manson - Right(prospect)
Lindholm - Left
Vatanen - Right
Despres - Left
Wisniewski - Right
Fowler - Left

Their dmen are insane how good and young they are. I really hope you guys will eventually get there. I love some of your d prospects and hope it happens one day

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
It seems like just yesterday we were overflowing with LHD and couldn't find a rightie to save our lives.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Too bad he had no interest at all in us apparently. It'd be a good fit for both sides, though not nearly as good a fit as Chicago. I just don't see how he can turn down Chicago. It's perfect. They need a cheap, young defenseman. They can give him ice time while also protecting him. He can conceivably win a Cup as a rookie.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I just don't understand why we don't throw our hat into the ring more often with guys like Reilly now that we have money.

Money doesn't matter for a guy like Reilly. He is just picking based on team, not on how much u can pay him since he is getting an elc.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Money doesn't matter for a guy like Reilly. He is just picking based on team, not on how much u can pay him since he is getting an elc.

I agree, there isn't a bidding war because the ELC is capped. The choice will be up to him on where he wants to play. Bonus money in the contract will be tied to his play time/production.

Does he pick a team he could get the most playing time?

I think buffalo talked to him as well.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
With the need for LHD, how about Fasching's Minnesota teammate Mike Reilly? He becomes a free agent this summer since it's been 4 years since his draft. Reilly, McCabe, and Zadorov could be a great left side in a couple years.

Problem is---its his choice. There isn't a bidding war other than to take rookie salary to the max.

Its all up to him to make the decision.

His dad is some sort of minority owner with the Wild.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Reilly has been Hamilton's target in his last few bits on WGR IIRC, so Murray crushed his dreams there. He would've been an ideal free pickup, but alas, I knew it was a longshot from the jump.

I saw that Hamilton mentioned Reilly in his WGR FA piece. That also surprised me since Reilly had an initial list of teams (that didn't include Buffalo) that he has since narrowed even further. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad