Value of: Mike Reilly to WPG

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Beaulieu can't move the puck? I wonder what happended to him, I watched both play on the Habs and they reminded me of eachother when they were here.

When Beau last played for the Habs he put up 28 points in a season was good offensively and was fairly tough but sucked in his own end.

Beauliue fell off a cliff this year he was so bad. When he hit the bottom he got up and jumped off another one. Maurice loved him but this season he was likely the worst d-man we've ever had. Last year he was much much better (which still was only average to below average). Fans were waiting for him to bench Stanley when Beau got healthy and then he went on IR for the season with shoulder surgery to spare us all of his vet qualities on the ice. His special move this year aside from handling the puck like a grenade EVERY time; was stepping out of the way of puck carriers to pin other players to the boards leaving his man (the puck carrier) to head to the net with no challenge what so ever. His decisions made me question how he ever achieved playing at elite levels of hockey.

Reactions: DRW204

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
not sure how you conclude he's been dissapointing? he was meh to start after having his child, but has been V good since. and any time he has been paired with Morrissey - since he's been here - it's been a night-and-day difference in on-ice measures for the top-pair.

You are being very charitable with the description of the start of his season.
He was terrible.
He's been better lately and for me mostly when he's on the 3rd pair with Stanley.

On paper I want him with Morrissey getting top minutes but when they first moved him back up he played poorly. Then he played a long stretch carrying Beau and eventually got a better assignment with Stanley. But again that's against weaker competition. What he did last year really doesn't matter much right now... only what he can do NOW.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Just under half were powerplay (12 out of the 28). I'm just shocked he has done so poorly in terms of offense
i mean that was almost 5 years ago. like 3 years ago morrissey looked like a stud-top pair LD. Now? oof.
You are being very charitable with the description of the start of his season.
He was terrible.
He's been better lately and for me mostly when he's on the 3rd pair with Stanley.

On paper I want him with Morrissey getting top minutes but when they first moved him back up he played poorly. Then he played a long stretch carrying Beau and eventually got a better assignment with Stanley. But again that's against weaker competition. What he did last year really doesn't matter much right now... only what he can do NOW.
how was he terrible? show something to back this up. and again, whenever morrissey is paired with demelo (since demelo's acquisition) they actually perform like competent top-pair.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Would be a good add at a reasonable price.

Would require Mo to actually use him in place of Forbort though.
honestly think stanley can do everything forbort can, while being a better puck-mover and better skater/speed. it's time to remove the kid-gloves and give him a look next to Pionk imo.

that leaves you a 3rd pair of Forbort-Poolman...... both pretty below-average puck-movers imo. Either get a LD or RD that's a great puckmover, and can push the play up-ice i think it'll fair fine as a 3rd pair, hence why i brought up Reilly.

Reactions: MardyBum

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I hope GM’s are foolish enough to trust these stats, anything more than a 5th rounder for Rielly would be a robbery for the Sens.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
FWIW, A lot of Senators fans hate on Mike Reilly simply because they thought Wolanin should have made the team above him and aren’t willing to change their stance on him even though he’s clearly the 3rd best defender Ottawa has.
The results speak for themselves though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->