Value of: Mike Reilly to WPG

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
OTT fans what's your plans for him as an upcoming UFA? Re-sign? Trade at TDL?

what would you want/expect a return for him?

Got Demelo for a 3rd last year at the TDL from you guys.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
I would think that a similar return would get Reilly. Something around a 2022 3rd or a 2022 4th that becomes a 3rd if the jets make the second round or Reilly plays 4 or more playoff games. I don't expect much more than that to be honest.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I’d imagine he’d garner a 5th or 6th from a team looking for depth, wouldn’t think the interest would be very high, Reilly would likely be in the press box on most playoff teams.

He’s not the type of player playoff teams would be looking to add.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I’d imagine he’d garner a 5th or 6th from a team looking for depth, wouldn’t think the interest would be very high, Reilly would likely be in the press box on most playoff teams.

He’s not the type of player playoff teams would be looking to add.
idk his on-ice results look good. i think it's similar to Demelo who was a bit unheralded league-wide, but the stats/analytics guy like him. he's been arguably WPGs best Dman since he's gotten here (which probably says more about WPG's d group :laugh:)

But in GAR (not sure if you follow that stat), Demelo rates really well across NHL dmen over the past couple years

Reactions: hn777

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
idk his on-ice results look good. i think it's similar to Demelo who was a bit unheralded league-wide, but the stats/analytics guy like him. he's been arguably WPGs best Dman since he's gotten here.
I’d be more than happy to send Reilly your way, won’t have to deal with watching him anymore, Demelo was the definition of stable, Reilly is the exact opposite of that.

Dreger and LeBrun have already said that the interest in Reilly was not very high, and the Sens may likely rather keep him if all they can get is a 5th or 6th.

I mean, Demelo is playing 16 mins a night, clearly the coaches disagree with that.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
idk his on-ice results look good. i think it's similar to Demelo who was a bit unheralded league-wide, but the stats/analytics guy like him. he's been arguably WPGs best Dman since he's gotten here (which probably says more about WPG's d group :laugh:)

But in GAR (not sure if you follow that stat), Demelo rates really well across NHL dmen over the past couple years

Extremely arguable

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
How do you call DeMelo the best defenceman and then you now say "other than Pionk"?

Game set match.

sorry should have put arguably. my bad. but don't think they're far off each other tbh, but if you disagree that's fine. i think those 2 are clearly ahead of the rest of the d-group.

edit: i did put arguably lol. but like i said, if you disagree that's fine.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
sorry should have put arguably. my bad. but don't think they're far off each other tbh, but if you disagree that's fine. i think those 2 are clearly ahead of the rest of the d-group.

edit: i did put arguably

It is a reach when he's playing third pairing minutes and a good chunk of this season, fans were very unhappy with his play. In fact, many of us would prefer protecting Stanimal over DeMelo for the expansion draft.

Reactions: RCAFguy

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Ottawa is likely to re-sign him unfortunately. Our D is awful and he's one of our better Dmen.

Trading him for a late pick doesn't make sense.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I’d be more than happy to send Reilly your way, won’t have to deal with watching him anymore, Demelo was the definition of stable, Reilly is the exact opposite of that.

Dreger and LeBrun have already said that the interest in Reilly was not very high, and the Sens may likely rather keep him if all they can get is a 5th or 6th.

I mean, Demelo is playing 16 mins a night, clearly the coaches disagree with that.
our coach had beaulieu and poolman top pair. i think that's all that needs to be said.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

edit: i did put arguably

Even with Morrisey's faults, I would still put him ahead and protect him over Demelo in a hypothetical expansion draft. Wouldn't you?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Even with Morrisey's faults, I would still put him ahead and protect him over Demeleo in a hypothetical expansion draft. Wouldn't you?
don't want to derail this thread, but you don't want to hear my opinion on Morrissey over the last couple years :laugh:

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Honestly probably needs to be an overpayment. DJ Smith loves this guy. He's also one of the few dmen the Sens have dressed who can play at an NHL level, as sad as that sounds.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Happy for Reilly. He always had the skating and offensive skills and its good to see the rest of his game rounding out. He really fun player to watch in college and I always thought he would make a decent NHLer eventually. Ottawa was smart to take a chance on him given their current makeup and Reilly's skillset.

Reactions: 57special

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Has Reilly developed a brain? Really nice skills, but you had to explain to him where the D zone was, using short, easy to understand words and pictures of stick figures drawn with crayons.

He's about the last thing that WPG needs.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017

Last time I saw a Jets' game, Demelo was playing on the 3rd D pairing with a raw rookie and the raw rookie looked much better than he did. You're probably going to get some arguments from Jets' fans.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
A lot of pessimistic Sens fans in here. He’s been good this year, not great, not terrible. Ottawa’s playing him in their top-4 and is getting 2nd PP time but is better suited as a 5/6.
Give Ottawa anything though, it takes a toy away from DJ so Brannstrom can finally step into the lineup full time.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Has Reilly developed a brain? Really nice skills, but you had to explain to him where the D zone was, using short, easy to understand words and pictures of stick figures drawn with crayons.

He's about the last thing that WPG needs.

On the Habs he had stretches of holy crap this guy could be a Top 3 dman. Then those 5 games would pass and look like a bottom pairing guy for the next like 20.

He kinda reminds me of Armia in some ways. Where he has the skills to be a star but can't put it together.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
On the Habs he had stretches of holy crap this guy could be a Top 3 dman. Then those 5 games would pass and look like a bottom pairing guy for the next like 20.

He kinda reminds me of Armia in some ways. Where he has the skills to be a star but can't put it together.
He's the sort of guy who would've been perfect for the Rover position, but it's not 100 years ago, so...

Gavin Ray

Jul 10, 2016
Mars
Mike Reilly has the 2nd best rel corsi for % and 2nd best rel goals for % among defenceman.
And he plays mostly defensive minutes in a shut down role. Still on pace for 38 points in an 82 game season.

Ottawa should resign unless we get at least a 2nd round pick. Even then we should bring him back in the offseason.
Reilly-Zub has been our best pairing hands down.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Mike Reilly has the 2nd best rel corsi for % and 2nd best rel goals for % among defenceman.
And he plays mostly defensive minutes in a shut down role. Still on pace for 38 points in an 82 game season.

And he is also a sh*tty defenseman playing for Ottawa Senators. He's not nearly skilled enough to deal with the bad he creates. Montreal traded him for nothing when they didn't have any half decent LD. Should be an obvious hint to that one.

In response to the OP, any pick any round, and its a deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->