Recalled/Assigned: Mike Reilly Getting the Call

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Because his game would be a better replacement for Brodin than Reilly, and the fact that they don't consider him ready, after a healthy year so far, hints that he isn't progressing. Hoping he doesn't turn into the defense version of Bulmer.

Or it could be showing that Reilly is progressing very well.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
All I want from Olofsson this season is to be completely healthy and play ~80 games. He's been injured so much that couple of years it makes it hard to really get a feel for how he's progressed.

We're replacing Brodin with Scandella as a top 4 d-man, not really a big step down defensively. Scandella gets replace with Reilly/Prosser on the bottom pair, that is a big step down. But the bottom pair can play a more role, so it's manageable.

I'll feel much better if the bottom pair has Folin over Dumba. Prosser has looked like a passable d-man most of the year so far. Reilly/Folin I like as a 3rd pair, it gives some offensive upside. They have played together enough that Folin knows how to read off Reilly and play accordingly.

I can't recall what Olofsson's transition game is like. Reilly's was decent and he can handle the puck. That might be the deciding factor on who got called up.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
To be clear, I like Reilly's potential, and even actual, a lot. If he gets to be at least average as a defender then he'll be something.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I thought Reilly looked pretty good last night. No glaring mistakes from my point of view.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad