Mike Modano or Pat Kane?

• Mike Modano

• Pat Kane

Results are only viewable after voting.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Kane. Modano was never the best at his position or even top 3 at his position for that matter when he played while also having zero accolades besides a cup.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kane. Modano was never the best at his position or even top 3 at his position for that matter when he played while also having zero accolades besides a cup.
This is pretty much it for me.

Kane's offense puts him in rarefied air. His defense makes me leery of him compared to other players in rarefied air, but he's there. I'm not sure Modano ever was. He was just consistently excellent.

Reactions: MC2D

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Kane no question. Not by a longshot but there are quite a few players worse than Kane at this point who were better than Modano, a better comparison for Modano would be Alfredsson, Hossa and Zetterberg, although I'd take all 3 over him as well.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Taking a quick peak at the HOH Top 60 wingers list, IMO Kane will probably end up somewhere around Selanne (who is listed at 15th all time). Modano was a great player, but he can't compete with that.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I love Modano - he's the best Dallas Star in history. The face of the franchise for two decades. I always felt he was underrated, too.

That said, this is easily Kane. Modano never had the offensive numbers (or ability, really) that Kane does. Modano was definitely better defensively and played the more important position, but neither of those outweigh what Kane does in the offensive zone.

Reactions: User9992

tomi2

Mar 1, 2007
Kane is (slightly) better but Modano was still no slouch. Elite two-way centerman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad