Boston Globe Mike Milbury pleasantly surprised by Bruins’ success in regular season

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Mike Milbury pleasantly surprised by Bruins’ success in regular season - The Boston Globe

Mike Milbury acknowledges he didn’t see the Bruins’ outstanding regular season coming. He’s pretty sure we didn’t, either.

“I dare say there wasn’t anybody,’’ said Milbury, the former Bruins defenseman and coach who is part of NBC and NBCSN’s broadcast team for the first-round series with the Maple Leafs. “This was a very pleasant surprise for the Bruins and their fans and a tribute really to their scouting staff because they just kept working in young talent. An awful lot of young talent developed and contributed at the same time.

“It turned out to be a nice blend with the seasoned veterans on this team. I think anyone who saw this coming is full of horse poop.”

Reactions: BiGBear8

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Yeah, they are wayyyy ahead of schedule. I have a hard time looking at this as "the year," but they've proven they have the talent and mix to get things done.

It's funny, they could lose in the first round or win the Cup. Both are genuine possibilities. Kinda odd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad