Boston Globe Mike Milbury finally has his say on being fired by NBC

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Mibury was one of the rare in-between period guys who wasn't cringy. JR was stiff, and even when he tried to be "edgy" or at least interesting it just felt forced and awkward. Patrick Sharp is pretty good.

Didn't there used to be a "debate" type segment between JR and... I wanna say Brett Hull?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
He says some pretty stupid things but I like the fact that Milbury doesn’t hesitate to speak his mind and isn’t afraid to criticize a player, coach, team, etc.

Something the robots like Patrick Sharp would never dare do.

I like Mike. I always have. He was a good coach and a terrible GM.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Neither did I, but Howie was a trip. Remember Dave Hodge? All of those nights watching the Leafs {who were terrible in the 70s) on HNIC. (Windsor's channel 9.)
I had channel 38 and no cable till 1985
On occasion I was able to hear Chicago Blackhawks games on AM Radio, not bad living an hour outside of Boston

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
Officially he was never fired as NBC KNEW they would lose a lawsuit over this.

At the moment it happened NOBODY in the NBC truck said anything but then the Canes beat reporter for The Athletic tweeted her disgust and it snowballed. BUT she was livid she was not allowed into the bubble so she was seething at the time.

Did Gord Miller ( working for NBC in the Toronto bubble) get in trouble for this?

Mike was simply speaking the truth about bubble life.

I fully expect to see Milbury back on NESN this upcoming season.

Don't like even responding to these types of issues. I come to this site to enjoy the insight, info, views and humor of people who share a passion for the game and team I love. I don't come to this site to offend, hurt or upset anyone. This once I'm going to give my opinion on this type of subject. What they did to Mike Millbury was horseshit. The punishment for the perceived crime or off hand remark was completely unjustified. I for one hope Fenway is right and NESN has the balls to give him a job and career back.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Now you see .This guy over here he knows he is getting the puck.Use to drive me nuts.How the hell does he know Howie, the other guy still has it.Remember Shootout" ?I think that is what they called it.

You're close - it was called Showdown ( I'm old enough to have watched these contests live :( ) and it ran from 1977 to 1979. I found one with Terry O'Reilly taking on Lanny McDonald. Kick his butt Taz !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad