Claimed off Waivers: Mike McKenna (Flyers)

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

I would never make a thread on this normally but I found this interesting for 2 reasons:

1. I'm wondering if this is just an AHL move for the Flyers or if they just want to stop Hart from getting shelled
2. Richard bachman is out for the season so I have no idea what Utica's going to do :laugh:

edit: Neuvirth is hurt so this makes sense

Last edited:

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
So many of Benning's moves have hurt Utica. This is just flat out poor asset management.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Probably AHL insurance for when Neuvirth gets hurt again. McKenna must have dressed for over 30 teams now

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
He has to be in NHL, canucks will claim him back I guess.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Unlikely an AHL move for the flyers because if they try to send him down the Canucks can take him back and send him directly to Utica (if no one else makes a claim). Which they will because as you pointed out they desperately need an AHL goalie. I'm guessing Hart's going back to the AHL and McKenna will be sitting on the bench. Good for him, he'll be making an NHL salary.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Alot of moving McKenna this week. He's also very likely to be waived again in a couple of days maybe weeks . Maybe won't end up in the AHL again at that point either.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I was going to make a joke, but I feel too bad for Philly fans. The skaters on that team are so good on paper. With a legit starter they should be a Cup threat.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Unlikely an AHL move for the flyers because if they try to send him down the Canucks can take him back and send him directly to Utica (if no one else makes a claim). Which they will because as you pointed out they desperately need an AHL goalie. I'm guessing Hart's going back to the AHL and McKenna will be sitting on the bench. Good for him, he'll be making an NHL salary.
True I forgot about that rule

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Was hoping he'd make it to the Leafs. We need some insurance with Andersen and Sparks both injured.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
If he gets a start, he'll be the flyers 7th goalie this season which i believe will tie the NHL record for most goalies used in a season.

The injuries are real.

Reactions: CapnZin

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wow, that's rough on the family. Wishing Mike stays up, gets some NHL bucks, gets in a game, and he has a good showing.
It’s always tough for the family of a journeyman hockey player who bounces from team to team.

And it’s not like he had his kids early. 5 & 2 from the posts for a 35 year old guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->