Confirmed with Link: Mike Matheson signs ELC

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

Not named C or A for next season, so he's coming to Florida/SA.

What are people expecting? I'm hoping he gets a couple games next year and then becomes full time in 2016, helping to replace Soup

Last edited:

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
Granted I don't sit and watch BC games often but I like his game now more than when we drafted him. Kept his points up despite a less offensive team around him and became less of a liability in his own end.

Don't think he beats out Willie, BC or Kuli for a spot on he left and we've got right handers coming out our ears. Not to mention Racine who would be a better fit to replace Willie in a pinch.

Your proposal sounds about right. See some spot duty if BC or Kuli go down and otherwise keep learning in Portland.

Erased

Jun 18, 2014
Granted I don't sit and watch BC games often but I like his game now more than when we drafted him. Kept his points up despite a less offensive team around him and became less of a liability in his own end.

Don't think he beats out Willie, BC or Kuli for a spot on he left and we've got right handers coming out our ears. Not to mention Racine who would be a better fit to replace Willie in a pinch.

Your proposal sounds about right. See some spot duty if BC or Kuli go down and otherwise keep learning in Portland.

I expect he will spend next year in the AHL and likely be on the starting roster in 16 when Campbell and Mitchell are gone.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
I think Matheson is the kind of player whose game will translate much better to the pros than it did to college.

Not that he was bad, just think he is going to be much better when the speed of the game picks up and he adjusts to it.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
What are the odds that Harv thinks we signed a "college defenseman" and not an actual draft pick. I'd say at least 50/50

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Now, I'm glad that I can officially :handclap:

I'm super excited to see this kid eventually as one the key points of our blueline for years to come.

He's going to replace Campbell's role nicely, who's fallen off. Imagine if we had the 11-12 Campbell right now? We'd be in the playoffs easily. It'll take a few years but the kid will get there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad