News Article: Mike Matheson receiving Death Threats

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
It’s too bad it goes to this but it’s also sad that the fans stick up for Pettersson moreso than his teammates. Also, people should beware that sending out death threats is very serious and there are consequences for that.

Reactions: THE Green Man

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Sometimes it's outright embarrassing to be a Canucks fan. I hate how some fans post outlandish things like Pettersson > Matthews. It makes the whole fan base seem arrogant and stupid. Matheson is not a dirty player, he was suspended for 2 games, there would be zero uproar had it been Pouliot or Motte. Matheson apologized, was remorseful, and he reached out to EP. Now he is receiving death threats, really?? Damn it! This is why we are one of the most despised franchises in the league.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It'll be interesting to compare Flames and Canucks fans after Johnny Hockey was blasted by Charlie McAvoy of the Bruins after the play was dead, and he's now got concussion symptoms. Let the social media venom begin anew.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Demeaning his gf, writing negative things about his dog, and threatening to choke slam the player are stupid, useless, things to say.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zippgunn

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
It'll be interesting to compare Flames and Canucks fans after Johnny Hockey was blasted by Charlie McAvoy of the Bruins after the play was dead, and he's now got concussion symptoms. Let the social media venom begin anew.
Which wrestling move did McAvoy use on him?

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Sometimes it's outright embarrassing to be a Canucks fan. I hate how some fans post outlandish things like Pettersson > Matthews. It makes the whole fan base seem arrogant and stupid. Matheson is not a dirty player, he was suspended for 2 games, there would be zero uproar had it been Pouliot or Motte. Matheson apologized, was remorseful, and he reached out to EP. Now he is receiving death threats, really?? Damn it! This is why we are one of the most despised franchises in the league.
Are the people of Vancouver different than Boston? Toronto? You are making statements on several million people based on a few idiots. Pretty sure Florida has a few idiots as well

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER

fake fan. mods please ban this snake and delete this post

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Every fan base has people that go too far. Vancouver isn’t unique. Threads like this are a problem. Ignore the freaks on twitter and don’t give them any air time. Let’s close the thread
True. But i bet this helps Matheson think twice about that kind of attack again

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Are the people of Vancouver different than Boston? Toronto? You are making statements on several million people based on a few idiots. Pretty sure Florida has a few idiots as well
Canucks fans are the same as Bostons fans maybe - passionate and crazy with a few extremist idiots... but def not the same as Toronto fans. Leaf fans are slightly less evolved than lemurs imo

May 31, 2006
Says Bertuzzzi44.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Every fan base has idiots. The bigger the fan base the more idiots there are.

MC94

May 13, 2018
It’s too bad it goes to this but it’s also sad that the fans stick up for Pettersson moreso than his teammates. Also, people should beware that sending out death threats is very serious and there are consequences for that.
Correction, there are not consequences for that (I know legally there could be but there wont), none of these keyboard warriors will be getting any sort of punishment, its a dumb thing to post but its not like any of them actually mean to or will act upon those words, they are just venting their emotion with text albiet in an inappropriate mannor, a bad look none the less but there are plenty of worse things going on in the world

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
A few 10 year olds made mean comments on social media (cesspool). Who gives a ****. Matheson is still a spazz and deserves no sympathy.

I agree with this statement. Yes he appologized, but are we going to forget that he took out Petterson on a unnecessary play? It could have been worse.

Imagine if Petterson is on the IR right now.

member 290103

fake fan. mods please ban this snake and delete this post

There are several of these posters here....JohnnyCanucker is another one. Between them and the obvious Orca Bay corporate hired posters (I saw a poster today that tried to equate Benning's terrible Sbisa contract with a contract Gillis gave to Jason Garrison), it's a bit difficult to sometimes legit discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->