Mike Matheson receiving Death Threats

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Disgusting. This is what happens when you give out an illegitimate suspension based purely on the outrage. The fans will feel empowered to do shit like this.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
All this because Pettersson can’t handle big boy hockey? Pathetic by those sending him threats.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
This idea that it's only our fanbase doing this is idiotic.
Disgusting. This is what happens when you give out an illegitimate suspension based purely on the outrage. The fans will feel empowered to do **** like this.

Yeah, it definitely only happened after the suspension.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Disgusting. This is what happens when you give out an illegitimate suspension based purely on the outrage. The fans will feel empowered to do **** like this.
You don't need suspensions to "empower" moronic people to do moronic things because they will find a reason all on their own.

And most of this stuff started before he was even suspended so your reasoning doesn't even make sense.

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
First of all, I have no sympathy for the Internet death threat issuers. They should be tracked down and dealt with.

Now onto Mike "The Pylon" Matheson. If he doesn't want to face anonymous online tough guys, don't go WWE in the first place. Hundreds of NHL players have bad games every week, he was lame enough to let his frustrations overcome his rational sense.

He is a professional and paid millions for his job, but his behavior was wholly unprofessional. If I, or anyone else got frustrated with a lousy cup of coffee, and in the heat of the moment punched out some Tim horton's employee and caused him to get a concussion, and if it were on camera and watched by hundreds of thousands, you'd better believe people would get angry. Does not justify the reaction by the anonymous Internet gangstas, but it does not absolve the initial crime either.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
can't imagine the mail guys get who landed actual suspension-worthy hits, instead of regular-ass bodychecks with a 2 minute roughing at the end like this one.

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
Just see how he reacts when they play again in Vancouver.

Every time he touches the puck, fans will boo.

Every time he is on the ice, he'll get the finger.

Every time he is hit, fans will cheer.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
This isn't all that surprising considering what they said about Steve Moore after his hit on Naslund, how they wished his career ended (and got what they wanted), and even to this day there are Canucks fans out there that still have hatred towards him.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
The problem is they made a already subjective topic even more subjective.
Unsportsman like conduct and interference is way to open ended and might have a domino effect.

I'm surprised that marchy wasnt suspended his acts were more '' "interference and Unsportsman like conduct" then this play.

That and I don't like the fact that the league looks too much into, who was in the play and if injury occurred.

If a 4th liner is attacked or w/e or a star player it should have no bearing on the outcome. Same for injury for the most part.

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
I wonder if Matheson has ever played League of Legends online?

The anonymity of the Internet does allow for 12 year old morons to be as bad as they want, but it rarely makes the headlines.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Like everyone else here I'm a big hockey fan, but I don't confuse what's important to my teams and my sport with what's important in life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad