Confirmed with Link: Mike Komisarek cleared Waivers in AHL

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Just a hunch, but maybe one of Ottawa or Bruins pick him up. Ofcourse, once Bobby Mac claims that he will most likely clear waivers, my speculation doesn't really stand a chance.

Islander's will pick him up they love our sloppy 2nds, and they also love guys with bad contracts:laugh:

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Kypreos just said he cleared waivers.

Could be interesting to see a Reilly-Komisarek pairing.

Could give the kid lots of confidence out on the ice knowing he's got a gritty vet to make sure he doesn't get run.

On another note, I wouldn't mind seeing Reilly along side a more mobile defender like Paul Ranger.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
Could be interesting to see a Reilly-Komisarek pairing.

Could give the kid lots of confidence out on the ice knowing he's got a gritty vet to make sure he doesn't get run.

On another note, I wouldn't mind seeing Reilly along side a more mobile defender like Paul Ranger.

Reilly-Komisarek
Blacker-Ranger

Nice vets helping the kids, I like.

CHRoNiCWiLL

Mar 17, 2010
GTA
36451738.jpg

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
For FREE was simply too high a price for anyone to pay based on that contract of his.

Now Marlies should be primed for a Calder Cup, because with Komi @ $4.25 mil and Connolly @ $4.75 mil those 2 players alone give the Marlies the likely the highest AHL payroll.

Unfortunately under the new Cap CBA however those contracts are still counting against the Leafs cap, so mistakes even those buried in the minors can no longer be covered up. GM's are therefore going to have to be a lot smarter then in the past as a result or it will cripple your NHL team.

Komi is heading for a compliance buyout and NO CAP hit, so its only this year that Leafs are negatively effected by his contract.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
For FREE was simply too high a price for anyone to pay based on that contract of his.

Now Marlies should be primed for a Calder Cup, because with Komi @ $4.25 mil and Connolly @ $4.75 mil those 2 players alone give the Marlies the likely the highest AHL payroll.

Unfortunately under the new Cap CBA however those contracts are still counting against the Leafs cap, so mistakes even those buried in the minors can no longer be covered up. GM's are therefore going to have to be a lot smarter then in the past as a result or it will cripple your NHL team.

Komi is heading for a compliance buyout and NO CAP hit, so its only this year that Leafs are negatively effected by his contract.

I'm not convinced that Komi won't be traded.

Yes he cleared waivers but there might be a team interested in him once he gets games under his belt, but will want to send us some cap hit back in another player.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I'm not convinced that Komi won't be traded.

Yes he cleared waivers but there might be a team interested in him once he gets games under his belt, but will want to send us some cap hit back in another player.

I agree, I bet other teams might have offered bad contract(s) in return, but Nonis was wise enough not to accept them.

He is trying to get rid of bad contracts and dead weight and not interested in adding more. IMO

Because of the get out of jail free compliance opportunity in the summer for Komisarek he likely feels better off simply playing him to go away then even consider eating some of his salary for next year and having him count against the Cap.

The new CBA compliance buyout couldn't have come at a better time for Nonis to be able to correct past mistakes.

mikebel111*

feel bad for komi
but he is a true leader. can help the youngsters with marlies
lets go komi

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
I am not surprised at all. If someone wanted a pylon on defense they'd get one from the store for pocket change. I'm not even kidding, and I never use the term pylon loosely but that is exactly what Komi is. Nice guy though, I guess we should be playing him for that reason alone?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Komi might make a serviceable bottom pair dman on the marlies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
And I really, really hope leaf fans remember this before the next time they start clamoring for the leafs to sign a "physical defensive defenseman".

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
Yeah it does...so the favor is effectively for the 5 remaining games until the trade deadline. Let's see if the Leafs make use of it.
why do you keep calling it a favor? Favor would imply DN did this despite not wanting to and there is no evidence of that. Maybe he has wanted to send Mike down for a month but couldn't because of the NMC? Maybe Mike did the favor?

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
And I really, really hope leaf fans remember this before the next time they start clamoring for the leafs to sign a "physical defensive defenseman".

Doubtful. Some Leafs fans now want Komisarek because he is no longer with the team. Talk about grass-greener-on-the-other-side-syndrome.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
why do you keep calling it a favor? Favor would imply DN did this despite not wanting to and there is no evidence of that. Maybe he has wanted to send Mike down for a month but couldn't because of the NMC? Maybe Mike did the favor?

That's what I said;)

leafstilldeath*

Thank You Komi. Now play your ass off we need the Montreal Komi back if we make the playoffs

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
Doubtful. Some Leafs fans now want Komisarek because he is no longer with the team. Talk about grass-greener-on-the-other-side-syndrome.
to be fair, some wanted him in all this year based on the 4 games he did play. or at least to be given a shot this year.

I think he should have been given a shot at some point. there are a lot of holes in the D the past few weeks. Could he help? don't know. but as MESS likes to quote often (but not when it doesn't fit the agenda) doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad