TV: Mike Judge Presents: Tales From the Tour Bus

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
It's a new Mike Judge series on Cinemax. I caught the first episode last night and it's pretty damn funny:

Inside 'Tales From the Tour Bus,' Mike Judge's Animated Country-Music History Romp

Cinemax series offers wild stories about Waylon Jennings, Jerry Lee Lewis and others, as told by their bandmates and friends

When Mike Judge began work on Tales From the Tour Bus, a new country-music docuseries for Cinemax that premieres on September 22nd, he did so with a mission. "I like converting people who don't like country into going, 'OK, maybe this is OK,'" he says. So the Silicon Valley, King of the Hill and Beavis and Butt-head mastermind began collecting the wildest, most hilarious stories about Waylon Jennings, Tammy Wynette, Jerry Lee Lewis and other hellraisers he could from their friends and family and animating them.

"We're trying to make it less like a history lesson and trying to find the crazy, funny stories that haven't always been out there," Judge says. "A lot of country-music documentary stuff that's been on TNN and CMT has been very polite. But a lot of the stories I've heard are more gnarly than Mötley Crüe stories."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad