News Article: Mike Hoffman's girlfriend allegedly behind Karlsson Harrassment. Update June15: Hoffman & gf respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
POS says that EK is not "the most well liked" in the room, but he is a superstar. Spoke to a few guys in the room and they say it has been a longstanding feud between them. So yeah, maybe they don't hoist Karlsson on their shoulders but far from hated . I don't think everyone like Messier, Gretzky, or even Alfredsson. Respect, though, is different. Hoff is apparently getting married next month.

I can see how some players don't like him, especially on his play on the ice and his gaffes.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
POS says that EK is not "the most well liked" in the room, but he is a superstar. Spoke to a few guys in the room and they say it has been a longstanding feud between them. So yeah, maybe they don't hoist Karlsson on their shoulders but far from hated . I don't think everyone like Messier, Gretzky, or even Alfredsson. Respect, though, is different. Hoff is apparently getting married next month.

I can see how some players don't like him, especially on his play on the ice and his gaffes.

Maybe, and maybe not. "not well liked" is not the way you want your captain described by team mates no matter how it's spun. It would be hard to be an effective captain if the room doesn't generally like you, I dunno, seems problematic at best if true.

I guess there's more to find out as we move forward.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

I know for a fact from a good friend that I have in common with Claude Giroux that Hoffman was not liked by his teammates when he was playing for the Olympiques.

Obviously that's a long time ago and Hoffman was still a teenager , but apparently his personality isn't the best.

Reactions: BondraTime

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Excactly its not that simple. Timeline I understand .. he was made aware of the allegations, confronted EK in the parking lot for more info... seems reasonable to me. Anyway to me it seems he was unaware of his GF's actions if in fact they were actions by her. If he's on the road and the GF is sitting at home doing all this **** .. why would that be oblivious... If he paid attention to every little squabble coming out of the wives and gfs, I am sure he's go nuts ... so I think its very plausible he did not know what his GF was up to on social media.

So, what you’re saying is husbands should not pay attention to their wives and girlfriends because it would make them go nuts!

:)

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I know for a fact from a good friend that I have in common with Claude Giroux that Hoffman was not liked by his teammates when he was playing for the Olympiques.

Obviously that's a long time ago and Hoffman was still a teenager , but apparently his personality isn't the best.
He wasn't in Saint John, I say that with connections to most of the guys in the dressing room

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Every tweet that says bad things about us comes from a crazy source who shouldn't be given the time of day because he is either incompetent, ignorant, or so corrupt that he is clearly just blatantly making up rumours to get clicks/ traffic/ views.

Every tweet that says good things about us comes from a trusted source who is always accurate and reasonable, and should be trusted without question because his word holds significant weight in the hockey community.

This is how it works, BT. Get with the program.

Sometimes it happens to be true. You're doing the exact same thing you sarcastically accuse others of doing. POS isn't McKenzie or Friedman.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
You're doing the exact same thing you sarcastically accuse others of doing.

I don't recall sarcastically accusing others of making sarcastic tongue-in-cheek posts about meta trends in hockey fandom as a subversive way of trying to get everyone to chill out.

Wait... did I? I don't know, I mean... I don't think I've done anything like that recently, but that actually sounds like something I'd do, like in general, but only sarcastically. There's admittedly a chance I've done that in the past, because to be honest it sounds kind of hilarious.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I don't recall sarcastically accusing others of making sarcastic tongue-in-cheek posts about meta trends in hockey fandom as a subversive way of trying to get everyone to chill out.

Wait... did I? I don't know, I mean... I don't think I've done anything like that recently, but that actually sounds like something I'd do, like in general, but only sarcastically. There's admittedly a chance I've done that in the past, because to be honest it sounds kind of hilarious.

Ok then just remove the sarcastic part.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Ok, so like I said, take with a grain of salt.

He is friends with, and talks to dozens upon dozens of guys in the NHL.

Perhaps if he didn't talk so much shit those friendships would hold more value.

Honestly, would you ever confide in a friend of yours whom you knew would blab about it right after?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Perhaps if he didn't talk so much **** those friendships would hold more value.

Honestly, would you ever confide in a friend of yours whom you knew would blab about it right after?
Sure? He did say they told him they could name them if he wanted...

I've heard many things from my friends that play/ed in the NHL/AHL. I don't say anything about it for the most part, but they never preface it by saying "don't tell anyone this"...

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Sure? He did say they told him they could name them if he wanted...

I've heard many things from my friends that play/ed in the NHL/AHL. I don't say anything about it for the most part, but they never preface it by saying "don't tell anyone this"...

Probably because they know you won't.

I don't believe for a second those players told him he could name them(if this is real at all). If they're still in the NHL there's no way they would be ok with that.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Probably because they know you won't.

I don't believe for a second those players told him he could name them(if this is real at all). If they're still in the NHL there's no way they would be ok with that.

Honestly, it sounds like you refuse to consider that it might be true because you don't want it to be true. I get that, but the guy has real access to NHL players in a friendship capacity, he's not someone to just discard out of hand, especially considering his contacts are likely more solid and candid than Friedman when talking about players.

I should add that I don't think any of us wants it to be true, but if it is, it needs to be dealt with I should think.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Honestly, it sounds like you refuse to consider that it might be true because you don't want it to be true. I get that, but the guy has real access to NHL players in a friendship capacity, he's not someone to just discard out of hand, especially considering his contacts are likely more solid and candid than Friedman when talking about players.

I should add that I don't think any of us wants it to be true, but if it is, it needs to be dealt with I should think.

I don't refuse to believe anything. The guy isn't that trustworthy. Point final.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'll say it right now, there wasn't one superstar in the 80s that everyone liked in the room. You forget how competitive most of these guys are...there is a ton of jealousy between the little dogs and the big dog on most teams.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad