News Article: Mike Hoffman's girlfriend allegedly behind Karlsson Harrassment. Update June15: Hoffman & gf respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If he wasn't aware, he's oblivious – especially after the alleged confrontation in the parking lot with EK. And regardless of whether he knew at the time or not, he knows now. His choice to defend her and stick up for her, while admirable if he truly believes her to be innocent, is a big reason why his stock is sinking. Cutting ties with her would go a long way to restoring his image... but of course, love is never that simple.

Excactly its not that simple. Timeline I understand .. he was made aware of the allegations, confronted EK in the parking lot for more info... seems reasonable to me. Anyway to me it seems he was unaware of his GF's actions if in fact they were actions by her. If he's on the road and the GF is sitting at home doing all this shit .. why would that be oblivious... If he paid attention to every little squabble coming out of the wives and gfs, I am sure he's go nuts ... so I think its very plausible he did not know what his GF was up to on social media.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
At the moment I feel sorry for Hoffman... I don't believe he would be aware of his GF's alleged actions. He is being dragged through the mud.

Maybe but do you think it would be a surprised for Hoff? Living with the same girl for 10 years + should give you an idea of the type of person she is.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
If its true then Hoffman has a lot of blame himself. You can't be with a girl for 10 years and act like you don't know anything lmao

Reactions: coladin

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Maybe but do you think it would be a surprised for Hoff? Living with the same girl for 10 years + should give you an idea of the type of person she is.
If its true then Hoffman has a lot of blame himself. You can't be with a girl for 10 years and act like you don't know anything lmao

Looking up at the man swinging from the gallows .. I feel sorry for him.. that is all

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
If Hoffman was indeed hated in the locker room as well, this just took things to the last level, true or not. All you had to do was read the wives tweets to see that regardless of guilt, the ladies had decided that it was true, just like the guys in the room likely did.

When you’re a jackass, and your GF is a jackass, you tend to be guilt until proven innocent regardless (I’m not arguing how fair that is).

No one was going to take a wait and see approach that likely would have happened if the player and GF were likeable, and this wasn’t going to be sorted out quickly, if ever definitively.

Ah well, no longer our immediate problem thankfully.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
lock this thread up. he's gone, not our problem.

Yep, and yet there was Steve Warne on Twitter yesterday, encouraging some kind of investigation to see what Melinda Karlsson might have done to spark this. Right - like the club is going to voluntarily keep this disaster boiling instead of just being grateful that it's over and done with...

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yep, and yet there was Steve Warne on Twitter yesterday, encouraging some kind of investigation to see what Melinda Karlsson might have done to spark this. Right - like the club is going to voluntarily keep this disaster boiling instead of just being grateful that it's over and done with...
The club needs to protect itself here,this offseason nightmare is something that should never happen again...And whomever started it should be punished for it

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I found it interesting that Patrick O'Sullivan found it weird that Hoffman had to email Karlsson to discuss this. That is weird, isn't it? He also alludes that he was not liked in the room...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I found it interesting that Patrick O'Sullivan found it weird that Hoffman had to email Karlsson to discuss this. That is weird, isn't it? He also alludes that he was not liked in the room...

I email my friends to discuss .. well just about anything. Maybe to even to arrange to meet sometimes.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Patrick O'Sullivan has basically no credibility. Pretty sure someone somewhere would have reported on something like this by now.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
O'Sullivan said both Hoffman and Karlsson were dispised/unliked in the room.

Silex

Jan 22, 2009
Ottawa
I think you have that backwards. I'm pretty sure he was saying that Karlsson had to email Hoffman.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I think you have that backwards. I'm pretty sure he was saying that Karlsson had to email Hoffman.

In Garrioch's article, it was Hoffman who emailed Karlsson but while we are on the topic... the article was updated at some point and email has been replaced with text.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I looked for the EK disliked part, and couldn't find it?
The same tweet in the comments he mentions it.

Like others have said, it needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but this isn't some nobody. He is good friends with just about every American player drafted from 02-07.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Like others have said, it needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but this isn't some nobody. He is good friends with just about every American player drafted from 02-07.

Yup. Which really narrows down who on the senators he would be speaking to.

Reactions: stempniaksen

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

Bobby Ryan is such a snitch

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Like others have said, it needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but this isn't some nobody.

Every tweet that says bad things about us comes from a crazy source who shouldn't be given the time of day because he is either incompetent, ignorant, or so corrupt that he is clearly just blatantly making up rumours to get clicks/ traffic/ views.

Every tweet that says good things about us comes from a trusted source who is always accurate and reasonable, and should be trusted without question because his word holds significant weight in the hockey community.

This is how it works, BT. Get with the program.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

I am going to find what he said on the podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->