News Article: Mike Hoffman's girlfriend allegedly behind Karlsson Harrassment. Update June15: Hoffman & gf respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Flyers fan here - wow, this is tragic/dramatic/heartbreaking but I am really interested in it.

This right here (the troll account using a name very similar to Hoffman's GF) makes it seem far LESS likely it actually is her. It seems like someone who wants others to believe it's her by basically using her name with a very small change to it. Seems like someone wants to get back at the Karlsson's and simultaneously hates Hoffman's GF and this was what they did.

""

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
While I have no idea what actually transpired; if I was to harbour a guess, I would say there was already bad blood between the 2 women, but someone else is seizing on an opportunity to fan the flames for unknown reasons. Either that or Monique Caryque is one can short of a 6 pack.

There's no way you create a troll account that so closely resembles your last name then vehemently deny what was done. Someone definitely made that account to give the impression it was Hoffman's GF. Sounds like the girls all had some issues in Ottawa - some cliques or whatever. Having witnessed the female dynamic in the pro hockey world, I'd venture to say it was a scorned puck bunny who had been around enough to know the other girls hate Hoffman's GF and at some point had hooked up with EK. The sort of nastiness coming out in the comments about the wife being on pain killers and the baby - super dark stuff - a girl who is jealous of EK's wife would write them, not just a catty GF of another player.

Reactions: snakeye and Hutz

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I'm not so sure about this theory. It has already been mentioned that the Karlsson's wanted this to be private, and I'm not sure an angry EK would bring all of this attention down on his own wife and family just to embarrass Hoffman. More likely that through the escalated process of involving law enforcement, the story was caught and leaked.

This is not likely to ruin Hoffman's career at all, heck, we watched Pronger force a move from Edmonton due to infidelity wasn't it? and win a cup in Anaheim. It also doesn't seem likely that he's mad at the organization about this because he's been adamant about wanting to stay, well after the events took place. He apparently asked PD to trade Hoffman, and from what we're hearing Hoff is on the block.

Hoff traded, EK signed, everyone moves on.... (fingers crossed)

Vengeful wrath seems a tad dramatic.

From what I recall, Pronger's wife hated Edmonton, I do not recall any infidelity issues.

I don't think there is a locker room who would want Hoffman around. He may be KHL bound if an NHL won't want him. Going to be hard for him to come into another team.

Dramatic? Not really, just a fact of someone who does not want Mike Hoffman on his team and this coming out made it a certainty. I would have done the same thing as Karlsson to rid himself of the scourge of Caryk.

What is more damning for Caryk are the skeletons from her closet are doing a tap dance on twitter and social media. People who knew her is HS, another who knew her growing up and in university back up that she is very good at this type of thing.

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
With good leadership and management the Hoffman vs. Karlsson feud would have been squashed instantly.

Unfortunately we have neither.
You can't "squash" a psycho. Like Messier could have fixed this or something??? This si something completely out of the realm of leadership or management. A horrible human being is common law with a player on the team.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Just her luck I guess?

There's actually no evidence the Citizen reporter found it by looking through publically available documents. I already posted a few days ago the rule that says unserved peace bond applications are not publically available. The caveat being that a court date was missed because it wasn't served, so it's unclear what happens after that.

The reporter was also asked on Hockey Central how she acquired the documents and she would not say.

People act like it's easy to get documents from the courthouse, it's not. You need to know specifically what you're looking for and then you ask the registrar for the file. They don't let you in the back room with the files to browse like it's a friggin' library or something.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
There's actually no evidence the Citizen reporter found it by looking through publically available documents. I already posted a few days ago the rule that says unserved peace bond applications are not publically available. The caveat being that a court date was missed because it wasn't served, so it's unclear what happens after that.

The reporter was also asked on Hockey Central how she acquired the documents and she would not say.

People act like it's easy to get documents from the courthouse, it's not. You need to know specifically what you're looking for and then you ask the registrar for the file. They don't let you in the back room with the files to browse like it's a friggin' library or something.

Exactly. This was a calculated move my Karlsson, as vindictive and vengeful as one can be. And I applaud it 100%. Say shit about my stillborn kid you deserve to be obliterated.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
There's no way you create a troll account that so closely resembles your last name then vehemently deny what was done. Someone definitely made that account to give the impression it was Hoffman's GF. Sounds like the girls all had some issues in Ottawa - some cliques or whatever. Having witnessed the female dynamic in the pro hockey world, I'd venture to say it was a scorned puck bunny who had been around enough to know the other girls hate Hoffman's GF and at some point had hooked up with EK. The sort of nastiness coming out in the comments about the wife being on pain killers and the baby - super dark stuff - a girl who is jealous of EK's wife would write them, not just a catty GF of another player.

Seems like a probable theory that would require expert investigation to verify.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Exactly. This was a calculated move my Karlsson, as vindictive and vengeful as one can be. And I applaud it 100%. Say **** about my stillborn kid you deserve to be obliterated.
Unless they're wrong? In which case its kind of awful what they've done to Monika and Mike.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Unless they're wrong? In which case its kind of awful what they've done to Monika and Mike.
Oh of course. But for them to go this far and I think they have a pretty good idea that there is some irrefutable evidence.

There was a girl on Twitter who said that she did a similar act to her sister who was her friend . She created a fake Facebook account with her sister's name and pics and used it to bash all her friends . So, she know her way around this type of stuff. Tattoo Gods I think her Twitter handle was or something...

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Oh of course. But for them to go this far and I think they have a pretty good idea that there is some irrefutable evidence.

There was a girl on Twitter who said that she did a similar act to her sister who was her friend . She created a fake Facebook account with her sister's name and pics and used it to bash all her friends . So, she know her way around this type of stuff. Tattoo Gods I think her Twitter handle was or something...

I still feel a bit at odds with the "monikor" (no pun intended) that was suddenly used that described too closely who the (apparent/obvious) perpetrator is. As I mentionned before, many times players will hire house sitters while on the road and, Hoffman and his GF don't have children... a theory could be that she travelled with him often and someone was keeping their house during their absence. Hence the IP address coming back to their house.

Last edited:

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
There's actually no evidence the Citizen reporter found it by looking through publically available documents...
...The reporter was also asked on Hockey Central how she acquired the documents and she would not say

uh, this needs to be answered. WTF?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Then why didn't they serve the peace bond? Why leak a sealed file when it becomes public record once it's served? What's the value of not serving the summons? The only thing that makes sense to me is they were having second thoughts, either because they knew the shitstorm it would create, or they realized their "proof" might not meet the balance of probabilities required to award the peace bond. I also wonder whether a failed attempt at getting a peace bond or an unserved application would exposes them more than to a defamation claim, or is it the same.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Then why didn't they serve the peace bond? Why leak a sealed file when it becomes public record once it's served? What's the value of not serving the summons? The only thing that makes sense to me is they were having second thoughts, either because they knew the ****storm it would create, or they realized their "proof" might not meet the balance of probabilities required to award the peace bond. I also wonder whether a failed attempt at getting a peace bond or an unserved application would exposes them more than to a defamation claim, or is it the same.
Yea there’s something missing here. If it was Hoffman’s GF without a doubt and there was irrefutable evidence, more action would have been taken by police and the team.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yea there’s something missing here. If it was Hoffman’s GF without a doubt and there was irrefutable evidence, more action would have been taken by police and the team.

I do not think the police would get a warrant of arrest even if there was irrefutable proof she did it.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
From what I recall, Pronger's wife hated Edmonton, I do not recall any infidelity issues.

I don't think there is a locker room who would want Hoffman around. He may be KHL bound if an NHL won't want him. Going to be hard for him to come into another team.

Dramatic? Not really, just a fact of someone who does not want Mike Hoffman on his team and this coming out made it a certainty. I would have done the same thing as Karlsson to rid himself of the scourge of Caryk.

What is more damning for Caryk are the skeletons from her closet are doing a tap dance on twitter and social media. People who knew her is HS, another who knew her growing up and in university back up that she is very good at this type of thing.

As someone relatively inexperienced with Twitter, how would one go about finding these tap dancing skeletons?

Reactions: coladin

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ

There’s one girl who claims it was her sister it happened to and twitter, in all fairness, is filled with BS. People say tons of shit on there

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
What if Melnyk hired his Urkanian hackers again to frame Hoffman as a way to not need to pay Karlsson?

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
reporter won't expose her source, what if it was somebody working at the courthouse or a paralegal at the lawyers' firm? They'd lose their job.
Ah I was thinking more like someone involved had leaked it to her.
But yeah, if someone is leaking info to the press, they should lose their job. Jeez.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Then why didn't they serve the peace bond? Why leak a sealed file when it becomes public record once it's served? What's the value of not serving the summons? The only thing that makes sense to me is they were having second thoughts, either because they knew the ****storm it would create, or they realized their "proof" might not meet the balance of probabilities required to award the peace bond. I also wonder whether a failed attempt at getting a peace bond or an unserved application would exposes them more than to a defamation claim, or is it the same.

Haven't the Hoffmans been on vacation for quite a while now? If they aren't in Ottawa, how do you serve the peace bond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad