McKenzie: Mike Hoffman rumors picking up

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Doug Hamilton comes as a package deal (himself and his locker room abjection), and CAR are having a hell of a time moving him. Don't kid yourself.

Terrible example considering Dougie Hamilton just pulled in two recent #5 OA Draft picks (Lindholm and Hanifin) for Calgary 6 months ago. Calgary seems pretty happy with the return. Hamilton's value is very high and the Canes are happy to keep him. There are zero reports that the Canes are trying to move him. He's playing great on the Canes top pair. Hamilton has 7 goals, 13 points and is a +12 over 21 games in 2019.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Well this thread is a wild ride.

Only thing they should move him for is the breadman and pray they can re-sign him.

Ive been cheering for the panthers for several years years now and they never fail to frustrate.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Terrible example considering Dougie Hamilton just pulled in two recent #5 OA Draft picks (Lindholm and Hanifin) for Calgary 6 months ago. Calgary seems pretty happy with the return. Hamilton's value is very high and the Canes are happy to keep him. There are zero reports that the Canes are trying to move him. He's playing great on the Canes top pair. Hamilton has 7 goals, 13 points and is a +12 over 21 games in 2019.

Hey wow. Way to come through for your team with 23 games to go.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Aaaand he’s been terrific here. Literally zero reports of any issues and he’s played REALLY well. So, who gives a ****?

Besides, didn’t it come out that it probably wasn’t her??

Hope we don’t deal him and I think it’s incredibly stupid deal him unless it’s a bananas offer (same with Huberdeau). I’d personally be surprised if they did.

If there’s no issues then why would they deal him? Not all locker room issues are reported. I watched Hoffman a lot when he was in Ottawa. He’s a fantastic player. Something is up when you trade a good player with term six months after you acquire him.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
If there’s no issues then why would they deal him? Not all locker room issues are reported. I watched Hoffman a lot when he was in Ottawa. He’s a fantastic player. Something is up when you trade a good player with term six months after you acquire him.

Seeing as how he’s still here and this is a rumor, we’ll just see how it all plays out. As I’ve said, unless it’s for a top end defenseman or some other deal that they can’t say no to, I don’t see it.

Reactions: I am not exposed

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
20M for both is not a good look. Especially since its going to be one of those crazy 85% is bonus money contracts with NMC's. 16MAAV combined should be about right. Bob should not be getting more than 6-7M.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
20M for both is not a good look. Especially since its going to be one of those crazy 85% is bonus money contracts with NMC's. 16MAAV combined should be about right. Bob should not be getting more than 6-7M.

Panarin you won’t have to worry about, he’s unbelievable. Panarin and Barkov would be a deadly combination. It’s Bobrovsky i’d be worried about signing long term.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
To :panthers
D Rasmus Ristolainen ($5.4M)

To :sabres
F Mike Hoffman ($5.2M)

Sabres have a log jam on the back-end and frankly need to find a more "stay-at-home" top pairing guy (outside of the organisation probably) to play w/ Dahlin IMO...as the 2 of them together are just scary lol... They also desperately lack top-6 scoring, which Hoffman addresses.
Not sure if adding an offensively gifted top-4 dman to their roster and clearing a top-6 spot potentially for Panarin is enough reason for FLA to do this as I'm not entirely sure why Hoffman is available in the first place? But I feel the value may be close at least? Thoughts?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

F Mike Hoffman ($5.2M)

Sabres have a log jam on the back-end and frankly need to find a more "stay-at-home" top pairing guy (outside of the organisation probably) to play w/ Dahlin IMO...as the 2 of them together are just scary lol... They also desperately lack top-6 scoring, which Hoffman addresses.
Not sure if adding an offensively gifted top-4 dman to their roster and clearing a top-6 spot potentially for Panarin is enough reason for FLA to do this as I'm not entirely sure why Hoffman is available in the first place? But I feel the value may be close at least? Thoughts?
Not a fit. We need a steady defensively responsible top 4.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Hoffman is one of the most underrated scorers in the league. Has a wicked shot (if not the best in the league right now; at least top-5). A team like Edmonton could definitely use that.

Edmonton- Jesse Puljujarvi ++
Florida- Mike Hoffman

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada

F Mike Hoffman ($5.2M)

This trade makes no sense.
There's a good chance that Buffalo drafts a damn good top 6 forward at the upcoming draft.
They can just trade Risto for a top 4 d man of a different type without taking on the risk.

I still don't understand why they traded ROR, but they've already gone through supposed drama queens in Kane and ROR and they don't need to bring in Hoffman. (assuming it's true that his wife stinks the place up where ever they go. If it wasn't true I legit don't understand why Florida would have any interest in trading Hoffman.)

member 290103

Lol, Canes fans. If Hamilton is so good, why have two teams dumped if and his third was shopping him a half season after acquiring him?

Zero reports? Cmon. It’s been a strong rumour for months.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Hoffman to the Oilers for Pulju and Yamamoto. They have to give McDavid someone to play with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->