McKenzie: Mike Hoffman rumors picking up

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
McKenzie on Panthers’ path forward

The Panarin thing is interesting too because he might think fondly - even though the Panthers are not a contending team right now - although they still have a really good nucleus of young players, including Barkov and others, that leads you to believe that they could be a contending team in the not-too-distant future.
“But the idea of making a seismic move in free agency to get Panarin and Bobrovsky - and I don’t know if they’ll get them or not - but there certainly appears to be a desire to do that.
“How do you reconcile that with - and that’s why we’ve heard some trade rumors involving Huberdeau and MIke Hoffman, because they are a budget team - not so much a cap team. And if you’re going to go big game hunting in free agency for guys like Panarin and Bobrovsky, who between the two of them might be close to $20 million a year - you’re probably going to have to end up having to offloading salary. I don’t think that’ll necessarily happen between now and the trade deadline, although I did hear some more Mike Hoffman rumors over the weekend about the possibility of him being moved before the deadline.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Mike Hoffman?? and his GF in Ottawa.....Come on you would have to be living under a rock ,why on earth do you think FLD got him as cheaply as they did

I didn’t ask who you were talking about.

I’m saying what do you mean “what happened?” You haven’t paid attention this season?

Reactions: Atoyot

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I didn’t ask who you were talking about.

I’m saying what do you mean “what happened?” You haven’t paid attention this season?
I know he has scored by the boatload,just as he did in Ottawa....But it seems kinda hyprocritical that some of the fanbases that tanked his value so hard last season,are willing now to pay full price and everything is forgiven

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I know he has scored by the boatload,just as he did in Ottawa....But it seems kinda hyprocritical that some of the fanbases that tanked his value so hard last season,are willing now to pay full price and everything is forgiven
The only people that tanked his value were the Sens, by likely refusing to deal him to the East, just like with EK.

There's a reason SJ took him and immediately flipped him to FLA, and it isn't because they were dying to have him, it's because FLA was willing to give assets for him that OTT was clearly not willing to take just because it was the East.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Warning

Hoffman comes with a package deal:

His GF/Fiancee/Wife/Life Partner

I tried to warn you (because you forgot about recent history).

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Edit: oh, they're a budget team. I read that and misunderstood. Which is odd considering I'm a Sens fan.

If the Panthers are aiming to get better quickly, why would you trade your 3rd highest scorer? He's a year away from UFA, is that it? I mean, youd think they could come to an agreement with him this summer or trade him then.

Weird that they acquire him for beans, then he does everything that he possibly could for your team and you're hot to trot to trade him without allowing yourself the actual July 1st signing period to try to keep him.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
He's worth tons now since he's not a senator. Double standards are great

It wasn’t as much about Hoffman’s “worth” as a Senator, as it was about the ineptitude of your franchise. Dorion has a bad habit of getting schooled in every trade he engages in.

I mean, your own GM compromised the return by refusing to trade him within the East.

No double standard - your organization is simply run horribly and has a tendency to run “things” horribly, so naturally people will perceive Hoffman’s value to be lower than market, given those circumstances.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Trade him at the end of the season to Columbus for Panarin and Bobrovsky. Get a head start on negotiations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad