Value of: Mike Hoffman at the draft?

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I just wanted to know the asking price on him compared to at the deadline.

I know Montreal would cost more as they are a divisional rival.

I just was thinking Bergevin might not want to rebuild and try to re-tool the team. The Habs need and have needed scoring for some time.

Hoffman could bring it to the Habs.

Now I don’t want this to turn into Habs should rebuild because I don’t see Bergevin doing that.

Just the cost of Hoffman?

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Don't see any way we send Hoffman to MTL for anything short of an obvious overpayment. I don't really see a match anyways as your 1st is too valuable and your 2nd isn't valuable enough. Maybe the 2nd+a good prospect but I don't know much about your prospects

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
I think maybe Hoffman + pick and/or prospect for MTL’s first round pick this year makes sense. Assuming the habs aren’t interested in a full rebuild like the OP said.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Ottawa isn't going to do us any favours. If we are spending premium assets on a player it shouldn't be a winger.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Habs 2019 1st and 2018 2nd and 2019 3rd?

Something like that since the Zhang don’t want to rebuild so that pick might be middle of the pack

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I think maybe Hoffman + pick and/or prospect for MTL’s first round pick this year makes sense. Assuming the habs aren’t interested in a full rebuild like the OP said.
No it does not make sense at all.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
No it does not make sense at all.
Not saying it’s the best thing for either team to make this move. Obviously I think the habs should keep the pick but to answer the OP’s question. I think value wise it makes sense, doesn’t mean I think it will or should happen.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Not saying it’s the best thing for either team to make this move. Obviously I think the habs should keep the pick but to answer the OP’s question. I think value wise it makes sense, doesn’t mean I think it will or should happen.
I don't think it make sense value wise neither.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
I don't think it make sense value wise neither.
Considering the pick and\or prospect is fill in the blank, your statement doesn’t make any sense LOL. You’re telling me Hoffman + their 1st this year wouldn’t be worth your first? f*** off lol

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
would Ottawa consider TJ Brodie for Hoffman? would help your defense alot

It depends on the direction the team is going in. If they want to rebuild, they will look for a first and a prospect. If they keep Karlsson, adding Brodie would be nice. Ottawa needs a top 4 LD.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Considering the pick and\or prospect is fill in the blank, your statement doesn’t make any sense LOL. You’re telling me Hoffman + their 1st this year wouldn’t be worth your first? **** off lol
Hoffman+pick and/or prospect doesn't equal Hoffman+their 4th OA lol get off your high horse

I'm rational so of course I consider their pick out of range in that type of deal.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Hoffman+pick and/or prospect doesn't equal Hoffman+their 4th OA lol get off your high horse

I'm rational so of course I consider their pick out of range in that type of deal.
Lool it is a fill in the blank though. I never said mid pick or B prospect did I now? Can’t say you’re rational when you say no combination of Hoffman + picks + prospects would land your 1st.

Also it’s a value thread, strictly answering his question for value of Hoffman. Again, you don’t seem to understand that but okay, I’m the irrational one for answering a question in a forum board. :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad