Mike Harrington Bashes the Pegulas

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
They have done everything possible to win. Joel Quenneville wants to coach, go get him. Make the playoffs. Simple as that.
Yeah it’s just that easy! You don’t think he’ll gave options? Babcock had options and he stayed away from this dumpster fire! I’ll bet Quenneville does the same!

The fish rots from the head down and the Pegulas have shown they don’t have a clue what they are doing. We were seriously better off with before they came aboard.

You all may like Harrington but what is saying is correct. He professional sports decision certainly appear to prove he’s clueless. Hire a hockey guy to run your hockey team.

Last edited:
Reactions: TalkingProuder

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
I'm not a fan of the sheer ignorance/click-bait of Harrington. I'm sure that I agree with some points, (I'm not reading his bull****), but the Pegulas have done so much for Buffalo, notwithstanding sports, I give them a badge of immunity for lonnnggg time.

So what! They are the owners of two sports teams, trying freakin winning! If the goal is to make Buffalo better, run for mayor!

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Yeah it’s just that easy! You don’t think he’ll gave options? Babcock had options and he stayed away from this dumpster fire! I’ll bet Quenneville does the same!

The fish rots from the head down and the Pegulas have shown they don’t have a clue what they are doing. We were seriously better off with before they came aboard.

You all may like Harrington but what is saying is correct. He professional sports decision certainly appear to prove he’s clueless. Hire a hockey guy to run your hockey team.

I think Terry Pegula knows exactly what he's doing.

Did you know Sean McDermott was good at wrestling?

How about Phil Housley who was a Great Player for the Sabres?

And Botterrill was a Gold medal Junior hockey player?

With all these credentials Buffalo sports fans are in great shape.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Much to your dismay, a lot of people care. Harrington is a second-rate hack. The question you mention was actually asked to Reinhart, not Bogosian, and it was equally stupid. Players don't want to be asked questions that the reporters already know the answer to, and are just asking to get a rise out of them.

Go figure Tim Graham's also accusing the article of spreading misinformation. People need to learn their lesson with Harington and run him the hell out of Buffalo. The city deserves better than the shoddy excuse for journalism TBN puts forth.

I'd argue that the WRONG person who covers the Sabres took a buyout(that would be John Vogl, who landed over at The Athletic Buffalo).

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
Instead of getting his point across, he really just comes off as a pretentious *******, which is pretty par for the course with Harrington.
You need to listen to Mike Schopp if you want pretentious.

One thing I hope is that both Krueger and Botterill will be able to block out all the noise moving forward.

The local media does more to harm this team than anything.

Particularly GR and Schopp and Hamilton if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sjci

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
You need to listen to Mike Schopp if you want pretentious.

One thing I hope is that both Krueger and Botterill will be able to block out the noise moving forward.

The local media does more to harm this team than anything.

Particularly GR and Schopp and Hamilton if you ask me.

If we’re worried Botterill and Krueger will let the Buffalo sports media, the worst sports media in the country, to impact the team, then they are not cut put to be making decisions.

The Buffalo media are the biggest fair weather people I’ve seen. Between GR and TBN, I’m not sure there are anybody that has done less to keep their jobs. Then there is the TV media, which only produces puff pieces.

One of our board posters could go out and run into Buffalo and start talking about prospects or discussing contracts, and people may just say “you should work for the Sabres” or “you should talk on the radio about the Sabres, you know your stuff”.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
I'm not worried about anyone on the Sabres getting too wound up by the local media. As Okim said, if that happens they're not cut out for these jobs to begin with.

Beyond that, our local media ( TBN / WGR ) has been able to operate the way that they have for years because they were the only real options for local coverage. ( No disrespect to the Blogging Empire, but most of you are not that good. )

With the media empire that the Pegula's have been building, plus quality people at places like The Athletic, the clowns are quickly realizing they have to start trying again. I would give special mention to Harrington. As much as I've blasted him for years, his hockey writing has been trending away from Grumpy Old Man Yelling At Clouds back towards Reasonable But Fair Criticisms. ( I have no such hope for Schopp ; he has been a lost cause for years. )

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
He attacked Pegula's but ignored Sandusky, Penn State & the ice arena donation 2 days before trial started? The Sabres not winning is the least disgusting aspect of the Pegula's.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
weirdalfoil_2322.jpg.cf.jpg

Offseason boredom leads to crazy things

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->