Mike Halmo *Sent to BPT*

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
I hope he comes back up. Fun to watch and would make the final games of the season interesting. He also has some talent and I think he can make it as a 4th line energy guy in the NHL.

isleskovalchuk

May 20, 2007
Great first impression. Did everything he you could ask of him. I assume unless we get a few NHL ready guys back Thursday, he will be up again soon.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I predict Halmo will be back up very soon.

My reasoning:

For those that watched last game against the Devils, Howie was talking about the impending trade deadline and he said we can see both AMAC and Vanek noving to a couple of teams along with possibly a spare or two...

His little insert there suggests to me that we are probably going to be trading one or two players from the current lineup

I am thinking it will be one or 2 of Bailey, Martin, McDonald, Nilsson/Nelson + B prospects. I don't think we want to trade any other picks.

In short, room WILL be made at the trade deadline to bring up Halmo.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Great first go around and look forward to more of his jam.

Nice scoring opportunities too.

warrior60

Dec 24, 2010
Hockey Town
I predict Halmo will be back up very soon.

My reasoning:

For those that watched last game against the Devils, Howie was talking about the impending trade deadline and he said we can see both AMAC and Vanek noving to a couple of teams along with possibly a spare or two...

His little insert there suggests to me that we are probably going to be trading one or two players from the current lineup

I am thinking it will be one or 2 of Bailey, Martin, McDonald, Nilsson/Nelson + B prospects. I don't think we want to trade any other picks.

In short, room WILL be made at the trade deadline to bring up Halmo.
Way would they want to do something like that, I can see him being a good fourth line guy, but why would you trade Bailey and Nelson plus a prospect.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Way would they want to do something like that, I can see him being a good fourth line guy, but why would you trade Bailey and Nelson plus a prospect.

I wouldn't mind trading Bailey at all, but Nelson goes NOWHERE.

Halmo has some potential, I think he could be a 10-10-20 point player down the road while bringing great energy on the fourth line. Really like the kids game.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
much better hockey sense than I expected. He makes very smart plays with the puck and love the way he drives the net. He's by no means a difference maker at this point, but a pretty effective 4th liner. Too bad he's small-ish, though he doesn't play small. He'll have a tough time with one-on-one puck battles against bigger players.

He's not fast, not big, doesn't have a great shot but he seems to know the game and plays with passion and intensity.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
much better hockey sense than I expected. He makes very smart plays with the puck and love the way he drives the net. He's by no means a difference maker at this point, but a pretty effective 4th liner. Too bad he's small-ish, though he doesn't play small. He'll have a tough time with one-on-one puck battles against bigger players.

He's not fast, not big, doesn't have a great shot but he seems to know the game and plays with passion and intensity.

He's one of those pain in the ass types to play against, I like that. He's CMac's heir apparent.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
or Michael Haley 2.0. All these comments sound so familiar to when Haley made his first appearances and then finally after several games sunk in you saw there wasn't much to his game.

There are people that still insist we bring that guy back. Undersized energy 4th liners are a dime a dozen. Who ****ing cares.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Players like him are dime a dozen guys who might just carve out a career for himself in the NHL as a 4th line, under-your-skin type. For now he can plug the hole if any of our 4th liners go down.

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
I don't think he could throw down like Haley but a fair comparison none the less.

or Michael Haley 2.0. All these comments sound so familiar to when Haley made his first appearances and then finally after several games sunk in you saw there wasn't much to his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad