Mike Halmo *Sent to BPT*

Sneekypete

Mar 10, 2008
Branford,Ct
www.mprete.com
I really hope the last 2 games were not an anomaly and becomes the norm or atleast semi norm. I would hold off on a thread about him for now until he sustains his play for a month or 2

startainfection*

think michael haley, except it seems like he has a pretty good offensive game when he can find chemistry with a more skilled player, i think he will eventually be our 4th line right wing

scott99

May 13, 2005
I think 2 years ago, as an overage junior, he had a great year, 40+ goals, lots of penalty minutes, was the captain of the team, etc. Went straight to Bridgeport after the Isles signed him, and he was decent for the few games he played (a goal and a fight in five games). Then last year, he basically disappeared, he has more goals in 8 games this year than he had in about 46 last year. Still pretty young, only 22. Seems to have great chemistry with Strome.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Just ask Nail Yakupov who Mike Halmo is and he'll know...

It's nice to see Halmo doing well and be recognized for something other than that hit.

Skating through the middle of the ice with your head down is a good way to have it removed. :D

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I almost wonder if Halmo could have played defense better than the Isle's entire blueline tonight. :sarcasm:

bluechipbonzo

Feb 12, 2010
Ottawa
This is a small reward for his efforts, as we saw with Haley years ago. I doubt he has as great an impact however. Hope I am wrong, we could use his grit.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/2012/02/sunday-top-10-overagers-worth-signing.html

This is from the OHL prospects page, Feb 2012. Go down to the top prospect at the bottom of the page.

Halmo has always been one of the most feared hitters in the league. He's also been the type of player who constantly walks the line between clean and dirty, has seen his share of suspensions, and driven opposing fans to the point of anger. But if he's on your team, you love him.

We need more of this sprinkled about the non-top 9 forward slots. I imagine he will allow Martin to move up.

Last edited:

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
That's me RDC. I always root for the underdog. I hope he gets his chance and shows what he can do. Not much else too see this season anyhow.

Don't get me wrong. I hope he does well. But, this is the type of guy that would get utterly destroyed on these boards if he was 28 and signed in the offseason.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
This is from the OHL prospects page, Feb 2012. Go down to the top prospect at the bottom of the page.

Quote:
Halmo has always been one of the most feared hitters in the league. He's also been the type of player who constantly walks the line between clean and dirty, has seen his share of suspensions, and driven opposing fans to the point of anger. But if he's on your team, you love him.

We need more of this sprinkled about the non-top 9 forward slots. I imagine he will allow Martin to move up.

Is he dirty then? I have not seen him play live at all so if the videos and reviews of him are not indicative of his game then disregard, but if he is a dirty player (or borderline dirty) I hope it is a quick stint..gritty and underdog I can root for.. dirty I can not.. I have too many bad memories of Matt Cooke, Darcy Tucker and Dale Hunter to root that kind or player, if that is what he is.. we need guys with size and physical players yes , but to me there is a difference between dirty and physical...

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Is he dirty then? I have not seen him play live at all so if the videos and reviews of him are not indicative of his game then disregard, but if he is a dirty player (or borderline dirty) I hope it is a quick stint..gritty and underdog I can root for.. dirty I can not.. I have too many bad memories of Matt Cooke, Darcy Tucker and Dale Hunter to root that kind or player, if that is what he is.. we need guys with size and physical players yes , but to me there is a difference between dirty and physical...

We have had a lot a borderline dirty players as it is. I'm hoping he gives the team some energy and hits everything in sight, I miss Haley (Also a borderline dirty player...save the Pitt game) and I think we are missing that heat seeking missle out there....Martin and Clutterbuck hit a lot which is good but the momentum changing hits I rarely see out of those guys these days. Sometimes all it takes is one huge CLEAN hit to get everyone sitting on the there bench to pay attention.

On a side note I would take 11 of those types of guys and 1 JT if I could so I'm a little biased.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/2012/02/sunday-top-10-overagers-worth-signing.html

What has MM done to prove he is even earned to move up ? He isn't half the player he was last season and his offensive game to me hasent got much better at all. Love MM but right now he is no more then a 4th liner

Koobs11

aka Back door Johnny
Feb 4, 2007
Adirondacks
We have had a lot a borderline dirty players as it is. I'm hoping he gives the team some energy and hits everything in sight, I miss Haley (Also a borderline dirty player...save the Pitt game) and I think we are missing that heat seeking missle out there....Martin and Clutterbuck hit a lot which is good but the momentum changing hits I rarely see out of those guys these days. Sometimes all it takes is one huge CLEAN hit to get everyone sitting on the there bench to pay attention.

On a side note I would take 11 of those types of guys and 1 JT if I could so I'm a little biased.

I am with you man. I am a huge fan of MM and Cluttebuck. I really liked Haley and Knopoka for the pure fact of what they brought the 4th line. I hope this guy can put up some numbers and stick with us. I would prefer to keep him over C Mac eventually if he can really show some energy and offensive skill. I am really looking forward to seeing him play if he can keep up his wrecking ball style. This team has missed that and needs that. Physicality is just as much as the game talented players. I hope he proves that he belongs and that we can streghten our lower lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad