Mike Green

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Tommy Wingels has more goals than Stamkos and Crosby this season too. See what I did there?

How many of those guys do you see clear the crease? Damien Brunner has more hits than Ericsson this year :laugh:

"stats mean nothing 5 games in,here's some stats from 5 games in to support my argument. oh by the way one of the guys i'm using has only played 2 games because why not?"

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Green is a dream for the powerplay.

And despite what Washington fans think on the internet, he'd still command an excellent sum in trade. Think Dion Phaneuf. That trade was:

Ian White, Matt Stajan, Niklas Hagman and Jamal Mayers.

At the time White was around a 20-30 point top 4 defender. Stajan had a 55 point season and had just scored 41 points in 55 games. Hagman has scored 20 goals in 55 games. Mayers was a veteran bottom 6 guy.

Now obviously the only piece in that trade that worked out for the Flames was Stajan, and even he regressed substantially. But AT THE TIME take a look at the bounty it took to get a guy who was "soured" with fans.

A young, improving center. A young top 4 defender with offensive upside. A 20 goal scorer with speed. And a scrappy bottom 6 forward.

Do the Wings have some combination of assets similar that would entice Washington to move him? A similar deal would include White, ironically. A guy of Helm caliber. And then a guy like Brunner, if he comes anywhere near 20 goal pace. Add Miller/Eaves.

What I'm trying to say is I don't think Quincey and hopeful prospects is going to entice Washington who is sitting on prime Backstrom and Ovechkin RIGHT NOW.

A comparable trade would be:

Franzen, Nyquist, Quincey, and Miller for Green.
Also, we would have to get a Fredrick Sjostrom and Keith Aulie back as well.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
"stats mean nothing 5 games in,here's some stats from 5 games in to support my argument. oh by the way one of the guys i'm using has only played 2 games because why not?"

Do you have a point?

Because I went on to expand more afterwards...

Yes using 5 games of stats as a gauge can be a bit misleading.

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
Green is a dream for the powerplay.

And despite what Washington fans think on the internet, he'd still command an excellent sum in trade. Think Dion Phaneuf. That trade was:

Ian White, Matt Stajan, Niklas Hagman and Jamal Mayers.

At the time White was around a 20-30 point top 4 defender. Stajan had a 55 point season and had just scored 41 points in 55 games. Hagman has scored 20 goals in 55 games. Mayers was a veteran bottom 6 guy.

Now obviously the only piece in that trade that worked out for the Flames was Stajan, and even he regressed substantially. But AT THE TIME take a look at the bounty it took to get a guy who was "soured" with fans.

A young, improving center. A young top 4 defender with offensive upside. A 20 goal scorer with speed. And a scrappy bottom 6 forward.

Do the Wings have some combination of assets similar that would entice Washington to move him? A similar deal would include White, ironically. A guy of Helm caliber. And then a guy like Brunner, if he comes anywhere near 20 goal pace. Add Miller/Eaves.

What I'm trying to say is I don't think Quincey and hopeful prospects is going to entice Washington who is sitting on prime Backstrom and Ovechkin RIGHT NOW.

I think the difference is that Phaneuf, 24 at the time of his trade, was still regarded as a rising talent. Green, 27, coming off injuries is currently perceived to be on the wane.

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
He's awful. Doesn't he have like one point in his last 27 games? Thought i read that somewhere. If u think our forum are whiners now...

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Green is nothing like the player he was 07-10.

He doesn't jump on attacks and rush the puck like he did. He doesn't shoot nearly as much, looks like Kaberle sometimes.

His D is ok though, except tends to make mistakes position-wise. No the toughest SOB out there.

Serviceable player based on this seasons small sample size but not worth that money.

I doubt Caps are looking to move him unless they are out of contention. And maybe not even in that case.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Green is nothing like the player he was 07-10.

He doesn't jump on attacks and rush the puck like he did. He doesn't shoot nearly as much, looks like Kaberle sometimes.

His D is ok though, except tends to make mistakes position-wise. No the toughest SOB out there.

Serviceable player based on this seasons small sample size but not worth that money.

I doubt Caps are looking to move him unless they are out of contention. And maybe not even in that case.

Yeah, this is a case of him clearly filling a need except for the pesky fact he's not on the trading block. :help:

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I think the difference is that Phaneuf, 24 at the time of his trade, was still regarded as a rising talent. Green, 27, coming off injuries is currently perceived to be on the wane.

Eh, Green has 3 points in 5 games and currently boasts a 7% shooting percentage which is in line with the bulk of his career. I understand some people don't want to use the early part of the season to indicate anything but over a full season it works out to 50 points. Exactly what we need.

solo16

Nov 22, 2007
CT
I have not seen him projected as Chara that was just something I think is somewhat obvious cause of his size. Chara is not called a shutdown defender. He is just a solid two way defenseman with SIZE. I just do not see Ericsson as a one dementional Volchenkov or Komasarik, Murray type.

At what point do we agree with me and admit Ericsson is not a one dimensional shut down dman. He is clearly a two way player. He was created as an offensive dman and will always have that part to his game.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
At what point do we agree with me and admit Ericsson is not a one dimensional shut down dman. He is clearly a two way player. He was created as an offensive dman and will always have that part to his game.

Yes, Hakan Andersson has a lab deep in the heart of Sweden, where he tried to create a Swedish Paul Coffey. Sadly, he ended up with something closer to Johnny Oduya. A for effort, though! :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad