Proposal: Mike Green to Tampa Bay

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I would imagine a conditional pick being involved, perhaps a 1st this year if the Lightning make the playoffs that becomes a 2018 1st if they don't... plus whatever else?

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
here is the rule you must follow if you want Green

MIke Green with 50% salary retained is worth a 1st AND a good prospect

the very second a cap dump comes back, the price goes UP not down

garrison is a cap dump, therefore the price goes up

not fair, not a problem,

Perhaps you should use that argument with a team in contention, not a team that was last in the eastern conference a week ago and very likely to select near the beginning of the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Green and a fourth for garrison and a second is kind of an insult though. It's fine, I'd rather keep Green than take on Callahan for peanuts. No deal between us, seems to be fine with most.

Last edited by a moderator:

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Green and a fourth for garrison and a second is kind of an insult though. It's fine, I'd rather keep Green than take on Callahan for peanuts. No deal between us, seems to be fine with most.

Yeah, I mean I understand not making that deal from a DET POV.

Like someone else said, it's very likely we're not going to be in the playoffs. We're not dealing for Mike Green at that price, just like you woudn't deal at the Garrison+2nd price.

Doesn't fit.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Ignore Hose, he's special. Green with retention should have near the same level of value as Shattenkirk. Not from us however, if it doesn't create cap space or bring in assets it just isn't a good fit right now, maybe in the offseason.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I know the Lightning are in a bit of a no-man's-land, and haven't made up their minds on buyer/seller, but I found this interesting (emphasis mine):

http://www.tsn.ca/surging-lightning-could-strike-before-deadline-1.679273

"In the meantime, Ryan Callahan's second hip surgery means he's out for the regular season, but his absence also has opened up an extra $5.8 million under the cap if Tampa Bay needs it. The only way I see that being the case is if the Lightning somehow find their unicorn: a legit, top-four defenseman who signed past this season."

Tampa needs both a defenseman and cap help. Detroit needs picks. How about:

To Tampa Bay: Mike Green
To Detroit: The cap dump of Tampa's choice, a 2nd rounder in 2017, and 1st and 3rd rounders in 2018

It's a steep price for the Lightning, but if they're gonna buy, it both adds a significant piece now, and (depending on the player chosen) frees up a lot of cap space for decisions this summer.

It might need some tinkering to even it out, but whaddya think?

Sure Callahan 1st in 2018 and 3rd in 2018 and 2nd in 2017 for Mike green done!

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
In what world are Green and Garrison even close to the same caliber of player?

I didn't say they were but Green would play on the 2nd pair like Garrison is currently. To upgrade from Garrison isn't going to cost a 1st + prospect + pick. We could almost get Duchene for Garrison + 1st + prospect + pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad