Mike Green potential

Sharkjerry80

Aug 7, 2006
Montreal
Do you think Mike Green could develop into a powerplay qb for the Washington Capitals?

How long will it takes him to develop into a 40-50 points defenseman?

Where will you rank him between Fedor Tyutin, Keith Ballard and Dennis Wideman?

Thx for the info

WheatiesHockey

Dec 19, 2006
Mike Green is a very smart player in his own end of the ice and does his job pretty efficiently. Washington is hoping he is the next Brian Leetch on the power play and to some extent he may well be just that. Green has good vision and distributes the puck quickly and evenly, which is the essence of a good power play quarterback. Green is not shy when the opportunity is there to pinch or aggressively take a lane for a better shot on net.
Green is not as big as some of his peers who went through the WHL in his era i.e Phaneuf and Seabrook, but he does play a great physical game. Green throws punishing hits that one would expect from a much bigger player.He doesn't look that physically menacing, but his hits are effective and deadly. Green is well suited for today's NHL with an invisible centre line. He is like 5'11" and a quick skater. Back in 1999, those types of D-men didn't make the NHL cut. Today teams can't find enough D men like that.
Among recent WHL defense men grads he would be considered a notch below both Phaneuf and Seabrook, but he is still an excellent player. 40 points shouldn't be a problem.

WheatiesHockey

Dec 19, 2006
A lot will depend on how much ice time he gets during his formative career years. More than likely he should be producing at the 40 point clip in another 3 years.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I really like his game. IMO he'll be always well respected but only his team and fans will know how valued he is. Kind of like Sylvan Cote.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I think Green is an amazing defensmen, one I wanted NJ to draft so very much. I see him playing a lot like Campbell for Buffalo but not near the development time it took for Campbell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad