Mike Green likely to miss start of the season (fatigue) MOD WARNING Post 42

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
i think we should wait and see and they need to compete for the spot

Yeah I agree. I also meant to write "Hronek and Sulak", I don't know why I wrote Cholo. Hronek has the advantage over Cholo based on being a RHD. Especially since Green is a RHD, Hronek will get a shot on PP#1 right away.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Yes, I'm really encouraged to have a discussion with someone who starts off with a personal attack. Good luck with that tactic.

"this guy can't play because of a fatigue issue that is likely medical related....what a weakling loser!!!" that's what you sounded like in your post dude.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
I don't think it's relevant when they sort it out.

If it's a virus, fine, but as long as they're classifying it as "fatigue", I'm going to assume it's "fatigue". It's not like the phantom "$vague_location body injury" report.

Yet if he's experiencing fatigue its not a problem somehow and he should just suck it up? Whats your take exactly?

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Fatigue? From the grueling two games of preseason hockey so far? Dude is setting an exceptional example for the kids. True leader, there. Imagine how much worse the team would've been without him sitting on the bench, grousing about how tired he is.

Then why say fatigue instead of "lower body injury" or whatever the usual phrases are?

I don't recall the last time I heard "fatigue" as the reason for a player sitting out.

This is the crap I talked about in another thread. People on here anymore cant even be bothered to read the actual situation and just decide to bag on a guy who seems to have a virus or some medical issue. Plenty of medical issues cause severe fatigue, he could have mono or something but instead lets just jump right into how shitty of an example he sets for the kids.

They say fatigue because he is likely ridiculously fatigued to the point that he has a medical issue, not that he skated too hard in practice and needs some chocolate milk. Its not hard to figure out but some posters will find a way to make it way more negative than it needs to be

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Fatigue? From the grueling two games of preseason hockey so far? Dude is setting an exceptional example for the kids. True leader, there. Imagine how much worse the team would've been without him sitting on the bench, grousing about how tired he is.
Why on Earth would you go straight to lazy? That's disgusting. Fatigue is a legitimate and sometimes very serious symptom. We're talking about a person in elite physical condition who suddenly feels like they no longer have the energy. Don't frame it like he's just no longer interested in working hard.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Hopefully everything is short term and clears up entirely. But to have a medical issue that requires surgery, then have other (hopefully non-related) medical symptoms before you even get through the off season, is not a good sign.

Once again, off to Kamar-Taj you go!!!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm worried about Green here and hope it's something temporary. Them mentioning viral causes could indicate chronic fatigue syndrome. CFS is believed to be caused by a retrovirus and influences immune response.

But that's jumping the gun. Here's hoping it's something he can ride out easily like mononucleosis.

Edit: just read update about the liver. Damn, that's awful news. Most commonly that's some kind of hepatitis.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I was just saying that it's generally not a good sign for a successful season if a guy starts out with fatigue bad enough that it disrupts his training.

With it being a viral infection taking its toll on his liver, it's far worse. This sucks. I hope Green can possibly get better soon, just because that's gotta be awful.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Best wishes to him. I don't care what you think about his contract, he's one of the more skilled players on this roster and they're badly hurt if he has to miss substantial amounts of time. And dude, liver-eating viruses sound awful.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Hepatitis A, maybe? Edit: Yeah, other sources are speculating it's Hep A. Not super severe, but it'll take a bit to get healthy.

I'd be surprised if it were Hep A. Most people, especially those who travel a ton, are vaccinated.

Overall though this doesn't affect the team that much. Green is the worst #1 d-man in the league by a mile.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I'd be surprised if it were Hep A. Most people, especially those who travel a ton, are vaccinated.

Overall though this doesn't affect the team that much. Green is the worst #1 d-man in the league by a mile.

Thats what I was thinking too. But I guess vaccinations arent 100% and he might not have it for some reason?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad