News Article: Mike Green is our only All Star

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I mean, we did have something like that when the 3 on 3 tourney started with John Scott as the MVP.

It was a gong-show but it was glorious.

It was so odd how hard the NHL pushed back against that. Oh, sorry you hate FUN.

That's also the last time in a long time I tuned in for the actual game. Usually I only check in for skills. I still enjoy the time trials, fastest shot, and accuracy shooting.

I mean, look at this. To me, this was my golden age of hockey. 1996. First participant? Forsberg and Gretzky passing to Kariya. Hot. Damn. Shanny taking passes from Lemieux and Ron Francis. Then Messier knocks out 4/4 like a boss.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
It's for kids and families. Imagine when you were young and your team isn't even part of the game. It's a celebration of hockey, not an actual measuring tool.

Yeah, I'm sure all 13 Arizona fans will be pumped that they get to watch OEL there.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'm pretty sure under the new format the fan vote is basically for captains and maybe multiple team picks. There's a reason Frans Nielsen represented us last year.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
To assume that the GM's don't have some influence over who gets picked is unwise.
I don't know, I actually doubt GMs care all that much. And if Larkin and Mantha got word that Holland was stopping them from going to the ASG it would be a lot worse than whatever reason Holland could have for not wanting them there.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Have to figure that Ken Holland made sure that Larkin and Mantha didn't make it, to keep their contracts down for next year.
What would playing in the All Star game to do with keeping their contracts down? Their contracts are in their hands if both Larkin and Mantha have outstanding 2nd halfs then they'r going to get big paydays All Star game has nothing to do with what they get going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->