Status
Not open for further replies.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
PapaBear said:
Mike Gartner vs Dino Cincorincei

Who you think was better?

All around gartner was probably a better player. If I had to pick one for my team, it would depend on how my team was constructed, but I'd lean towards Cicarelli, who was a much better playoff performer.

Coffey77

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
Ciccarelli easily. Gartner is faster and more durable but Dino is a much better playoff performer. Unless the team I was picking for already has someone like Phil Esposito, Tim Kerr, Dave Andreychuk in their prime (another guy that can park in front of the net during PP's) than it's Dino all the way.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Add me to the Ciccarelli list.......being a Capitals fan I saw lots of both. Dino could score more ways than Gartner and his style of play was better suited for playoff action. Its really not that close for me

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Very close. I'd certainly have them both in the Hall. If you just need a goal for one game, regular season, I'd probably take Gartner. If you wanted a real gamer for a tough playoff run, I'd probably take Ciccarelli.

Only 14 players are in the 600+ goal club. I think that should be Hall-worthy, any way you slice it.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Ciccarelli by a longshot. Gartner had better natural tools, but Ciccarelli was a fearless warrior who could also score goals. I would take a Ciccarelli on my team scoring 25 goals over a Gartner scoring 40 because of all of the intangibles that Ciccarelli would bring to the rink. Gartner scored alot of goals and was incredibly consistent but Ciccarelli just brought so much more to the rink and still scored almost as much as Gartner.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Psycho Joe said:
Ciccarelli by a longshot. Gartner had better natural tools, but Ciccarelli was a fearless warrior who could also score goals. I would take a Ciccarelli on my team scoring 25 goals over a Gartner scoring 40 because of all of the intangibles that Ciccarelli would bring to the rink. Gartner scored alot of goals and was incredibly consistent but Ciccarelli just brought so much more to the rink and still scored almost as much as Gartner.

And when you get right down to it, what "intangible" is cooler than flashing the neighbors???. Go Dino!!!!

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Bring Back Bucky said:
And when you get right down to it, what "intangible" is cooler than flashing the neighbors???. Go Dino!!!!
And carving up and scaring the hell out of Luke Richardson. Gartner could never do that.

Ciccarelli just had so much more passion. At times it bit him in the ass like the above examples, but for the most part it is what made him the player he was and that is a player far more valuable to a team than Gartner.

HckyFght*

Mike Gartner might be one of the most over-rated players in history. He was fast, yes, but was a virtual no-show each and every year in the playoffs. His big move was to streak up the right wing boards and score on a wrap around. When he lost a step the scoring dropped off. If you wanted to succeed, the first thing you needed to do was get rid of MG. Ask the Caps, ask the Leafs. He scored hundreds of meaningless goals. He could be counted on to get that all important 4th goal in a 6-1 rout, or 1 goal in a 6-1 loss. I couldn't stand him. Been a Caps fan since day one and a season ticket holder a long time. Dino was so exciting, took a tun of punishment back when D-men were allowed to check players for parking in the slot, something you never saw Gartner do. No question in my mind who the better player was...Dino any day! Gartner is in the hall because of his numbers. Which is sad because he certainly doesn't belong there. No heart, no show.
-HckyFght!

scosar

Mar 17, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
Dino

Gartner scored goals but he always got traded on deadline day by a team that was gearing up for the play-offs. He was great to get 40 - 50 in the regular season and then would dissapear in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->