Mike Forney

Status
Not open for further replies.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
He plays for Des Moines of the USHL. The gophers have offered or are going to offer him a scholarship in the hopes he plays next year. I think NoDak is after him too but originally wanted him to stay in the USHL another year. The gophers more than likely asked him to play next year to lure him away from NoDak who just doesn't have the room next year.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
i think hes only actually played like 2 games in the ushl this year. hes a pretty good football player, and will play in the ushl full time after his season is over. hes always been one of the top scorers at selects, and in ranked as a mid 1st rounder. mckeens has some good info on him if you have a subscription, and im sure if you looked at the ushr free archives you might find some info. i also remember an article on him on uscho.com, but dont remember when.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Some people love him, and others think he hasnt done much of anything to garner such a high ranking for the draft. Redline is high on him, Mckeen is high on him, and I am sure ISS will have him around the same area. The kid isnt playing against the best competition in the world, but its definitely not that bad. He should go first round, I think there is a glut of Americans all around that same range, Okposo, Sanguinetti, Foligno, Forney, Sauer, etc.. so it will depend out what team is doing the drafting, and what they need.

USA!

Dec 26, 2004
Forney is a good player who the gophers and the sioux are both after. I know for a fact he has been at atleast 3 sioux home games this year so looks like another battle for a player between the gophers and sioux.

jmac2

Sep 12, 2005
How far is it from Theif River Falls to the University of North Dakota and how far is it from Theif River Falls to Minneapolis?

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
44 miles to GF.
258 miles to Mpls.

Forney elected for the shorter drive and committed to UND last night, according to the Fargo Forum.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Along the lines of AmericanDream's post about Mckeen's, does anybody know of any actual good prospects/scouting magazines that are a good source, which I could subscribe to? Or is most of the goods to be found on internet sources such as Mckeen's?

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
Christ Heisenberg's site now has Michael Forney indeed committed to the University of North Dakota for next season. Congrats Sioux and welcome Michael. Heisenberg

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
crosby_87 said:
Christ Heisenberg's

Heisenberg's site could be considered The Bible of college hockey recruiting but this is too much... ;)

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
LOL i didn't even notice that. I meant Chris. Thanks for making me look like a moron :propeller :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad