News Article: Mike Fisher has gone nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
Cool. Which part of the bible does Jesus go out and kill for enjoyment? It's been a while since Sunday school.

Jesus went fishing

To say hunting for most is solely for enjoyment is a huge stretch. Some do it to know where their meat comes from, to know what goes into it. Some because it is cheaper. If you are against killing animals 100% then fine .. but to eat store meat and then criticize hunting is a huge hypocritical statement. In fact wild animals probably live a better life than the cow that you are consuming.

Reactions: Clayonator

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Jesus went fishing

To say hunting for most is solely for enjoyment is a huge stretch. Some do it to know where their meat comes from, to know what goes into it. Some because it is cheaper. If you are against killing animals 100% then fine .. but to eat store meat and then criticize hunting is a huge hypocritical statement. In fact wild animals probably live a better life than the cow that you are consuming.

He knows, his entire modus operendi is simply to instigate a negative reaction and draw others into a redundant debate.

Reactions: Cat Herder

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I wouldn't get my morals from the Bible either...it promotes murdering of populations, tells you how to enslave people, etc, etc.

So does the Quran, but don’t criticize it, or you’re a racist/fascist/bigot/tyrannical advocate of the mythological hierarchy.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Pretty ignorant to infer he’s killing for enjoyment when he factually does it for sustinence. Some basic google research should enlighten one to the benefits of self harvested meat vs commercially purchased. Probably not necessary in your case given your obvious agenda in any thread pertinent to the topic of social issues.
That's great that he does that. I have no problem with people who hunt and fish for food. Its big game and trophy hunting I take issue with. And hypocritical religious folks, which from what I gather Mike is not.

Reactions: TheBradyBunch

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Jesus went fishing

Not only did he fish but he filled Peter's nets for him! The fish didn't stand a chance!

People get up in arms about animals being shot but don't bat an eye that thousands of fish are caught in a net and then are left to suffocate themselves to death. Its because fish aren't cute and no one is buying stuffed Mackerel toys for their kids.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
So does the Quran, but don’t criticize it, or you’re a racist/fascist/bigot/tyrannical advocate of the mythological hierarchy.

Have you seen where ben Affleck looks like a tool on the bill Maher show? Sam Harris tries to make that exact point that the left has let the world down when it comes to the middle East. They'll criticize Christianity with one breath, while calling people racist for criticizing Islam with another.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I don't care about your beliefs. This is a hockey forum. You can go burn your cross on another forum platform

I didn't start the topic of religion, i was actually quoting someone who brought it up. Go fight them if it bothers you so much.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
That's great that he does that. I have no problem with people who hunt and fish for food. Its big game and trophy hunting I take issue with. And hypocritical religious folks, which from what I gather Mike is not.

See here we have a common ground. I detest trophy hunting. Poaching/hunting endangered species makes my blood boil. The only reason I don’t take issue with a mounted elk/deer head is because typically the actual meat has been consumed. On the rare occasion it isn’t, I view that as disrespectful to life and would definitely vilify a person for that. One could argue mounting an animal head is disrespectful even if the meat is consumed, while another could argue it actually does the opposite and pays the animal homage for providing nourishment. I see both sides. The indigenous people utilized every single part of each animal they harvested. And they honoured and respected them at an even spiritual level. That’s something every modern day hunter should be mindful of.

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I didn't start the topic of religion, i was actually quoting someone who brought it up. Go fight them if it bothers you so much.

Doesn't matter who started it. People should know better than to participate in this type of discussion. Mike Fisher hunts, if people don't like hunting they can go knock themselves out. Making comments on someone's religious beliefs is out of order. I'm done in here.

Reactions: Cat Herder

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
giphy.gif

but also

AdeptCookedCub-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Deku and BonkTastic

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
One reason hunting is wrong is that it contributes to scarcity of wildlife.
Estimations are that all wildlife will be gone in 20 years if people keep doing dumb stuff.
Dumb stuff like hiding in the bushes and shooting innocent animals in the head.

Humans have killed off 50% of wildlife in 50 years

I will throw out Climate change and urban sprawl/land development is more of the cause for wildlife scarcity than hunting is. Conservation departments are responsible for population management and hand out tags to would be hunters so as to not negatively impact the overall health of the population.

As for the innocence angle..
Trophy hunting for taxidermy or thrill purposes is wrong but if you are going to fill your freezer for the winter with food then I have no issues at all, in fact many communities survive off of traditions like hunting and fishing.

I will also jump on board that if you hate hunting then you have to be vegan otherwise its purely hypocritical.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Doesn't matter who started it. People should know better than to participate in this type of discussion. Mike Fisher hunts, if people don't like hunting they can go knock themselves out. Making comments on someone's religious beliefs is out of order. I'm done in here.

Dude, why are you so offended by discussion? Why would discussing side topics on a main topic offend you so much? You don't like it, move along. There's nothing offensive about thinking that what someone else believes is nonsense, and sharing it with the world. What's with this sensorship you're trying to push? Lay off.

Beliefs are never out of order. It's a choice for crying out loud. Choices can always be criticized.

And I still don't get why you're targeting me when I didn't start it. I'm just participating in the conversation at hand.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Good video Mike....much better than I was expecting. Catchy parody tune of his wifes hit song.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Veganism debate? Check.
Religion debate? Check.

Hrmmm... what else is this thread missing?

Oh yeah. Melnyk is the greatest owner in pro sports! *runs*

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Oh god, why did you unlock this Pandora's Box?

I can't believe you've done this.
Ha, don’t worry I’m not taking it any further than that today.

Used to really like fish on ice.
This guy does seem to have a couple screws loose though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->