Mike Ferland Re-Joins Wheat Kings

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
They have to trade one of there 20year old players (Yaworski, Miller, Buonassisi or Ferland) Ferland I think will stay he will give there young players some protection

Oct 15, 2008
Was at the game tonight. Ferland took a header into the boards trying to lay a massive hit. Left the game and didnt return. Doesnt look good. If I had to guess, I would think shoulder, though could be the head/back/knee or a bunch of other things I suppose. Hope he is ok and back in the lineup soon.

Was just discussing with some other fans about him at the first intermission about how he would be a great fit with the Oil Kings for a playoff drive if the Wheaties didnt think they were going to make it and wanted to get something in return. Pure speculation on my part, but it would be nice.

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
Was at the game tonight. Ferland took a header into the boards trying to lay a massive hit. Left the game and didnt return. Doesnt look good. If I had to guess, I would think shoulder, though could be the head/back/knee or a bunch of other things I suppose. Hope he is ok and back in the lineup soon.

Was just discussing with some other fans about him at the first intermission about how he would be a great fit with the Oil Kings for a playoff drive if the Wheaties didnt think they were going to make it and wanted to get something in return. Pure speculation on my part, but it would be nice.

Ferland is a 20 year old player so the Oil Kings would have to have room for a 20 year old. The Wheat Kings have 2 weeks to get down to 3 twenty year old players.

Can any one tell me what teams don't have there 3 overage players?

Oct 15, 2008
Ferland is a 20 year old player so the Oil Kings would have to have room for a 20 year old. The Wheat Kings have 2 weeks to get down to 3 twenty year old players.

Can any one tell me what teams don't have there 3 overage players?

The Oil Kings only have two, so they have room for one more.

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
After tonights beat down by the Hitmen on the BWK's maybe it is best for the Wheat Kings to trade Ferland and continue the rebuild. Maybe Bertaggia is also in play if teams are short a import player.

There are a lot of rumours out there that the Oil Kings and Blazers are interested in Ferland but not sure what prospects they have to get a deal done?

Oct 15, 2008
Elliott Pap ‏@ElliottPap

WHL: VanGiants trade LW Kale Kessy, 20, to Kamloops for RW Rob Trzonkowski, 18, and 2015 5th round bantam pick.

Looks like Kamloops is out of the Ferland sweepstakes.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Elliott Pap ‏@ElliottPap

WHL: VanGiants trade LW Kale Kessy, 20, to Kamloops for RW Rob Trzonkowski, 18, and 2015 5th round bantam pick.

Looks like Kamloops is out of the Ferland sweepstakes.

2nd time this year that Kessy has been dealt, everyone figures out he's a nutjob on and off the ice and gets rid of him.

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
Is there any rumours out there with your teams concerning Ferland.

He is one of the best power forwards in the league and would be a huge help to a team on a Mem cup run.

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
Edmonton has been in contact with Brandon but the asking price is rather significant. They have also contacted Vancouver regarding Cheek.

Checking out Cheeks stats from last year and they do not even compare close to Ferland.

Cheek 67gms 23g 26a 49pts 75PIM

Ferland 68gms 47g 49a 96pts 86 PIM (One of the toughest guys in the WHL)

I can see the asking price being high. He is the best player available for the playoff run out there.

Oct 15, 2008
Not sure how high the asking price could be. You get half a season and playoffs and that's it. Its not like we are talking about Brayden Schenn here. Not even sure what his health status is after leaving the game in Edmonton. Hasnt returned to the lineup since.

Hordichuk_24

Checking out Cheeks stats from last year and they do not even compare close to Ferland.

Ferland also had the benefit of playing with some pretty skilled players last season. Not to take anything away from Ferland but that certainly bloated his numbers. Cheek would add some secondary scoring without having to sell the farm. In fact Vancouver doesn't even want picks in return for Cheek. They want another body. Although as you said, Cheek doesn't provide the grit and toughness like Ferland would. So that may make him a little less appealing. Lethbridge is another team that has contacted Vancouver about Cheek.

I am the Liquor said:
Not sure how high the asking price could be. You get half a season and playoffs and that's it. Its not like we are talking about Brayden Schenn here. Not even sure what his health status is after leaving the game in Edmonton. Hasnt returned to the lineup since.

Let's just say as of right now a 1st round pick wouldn't cut it. And speaking of Brayden Schenn, the asking price isn't nearly as outrageous but it's still quite significant. I think at some point Brandon will have to settle for less if they really want to get something for Ferland. Regarding his health last I heard it's nothing serious. Day-to-day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad