Mike Commodore's next shift

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Mike Commodore has been known as many things to many people.

The guy with the big, red Afro who would shave his head for charity; the guy who wore the white bathrobe; a Stanley Cup champion; the guy who played 484 career regular-season games for seven teams over 12 years; the guy with a pathological dislike for Mike Babcock; and the guy, at times, with a funny Twitter account that popularized the hockey catchphrase #PackYourS---.

Now you can add one more: Uber driver.

mike-commodore.jpg

http://www.tsn.ca/commodore-takes-shift-as-an-uber-driver-1.591350

Jan 3, 2012
I really want to see Doug Weight's face when his teenage niece calls him saying Mike Commodore is her Uber driver.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Isn't he the only player ever to be in back to back game 7s on different teams?

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
What's with his beef with Babcock?

I didn't know either but this is what Wiki has:

"Commodore has been very open over his disapproval of Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock. Commodore has stated he was "screwed over" by Babcock while with the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks of the AHL, claiming Babcock refused to play him in favour of new addition Kurt Sauer.[17] The relationship worsened nine years later, after Commodore signed with the Red Wings, who Babcock was coaching. Commdore states this signing is what ended his career in the NHL.[17] Commodore claimed that Babcock mislead him; Commodore would remain a healthy scratch for a month and a half to start the season before playing in two games, and was then scratched again until December, only reentering the line up when Red Wings general manager Ken Holland ordered Babcock to play him, this despite claiming Babcock told him he was wanted as a physical presence.[17] Commodore would go on to say he was traded out of Detroit "because Holland felt bad [for me]", referring to his lack of playing time.[17]"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad