mike cammalleri

Status
Not open for further replies.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
He has 13 goals and 5 assists for 18 points in 41 games in the NHL. I think he is having a bloody brilliant start to his NHL career and that if he were given this same shot for all of last season that he would probably have ended near the top of his class mates.

He is on pace for 26 goals and 10 assists for 36 points at the end of his first 82 (complete regular season) NHL games. Lad is a gamer.

nikolai19

Jan 5, 2003
Corona, CA
myspace.com
Cammy has been outstanding since he recalled the second time for LA. He has found some chemistry with Robitalle, whom Mike says is really teaching him a lot about the game. If he can be as good as his buddy Comrie out of Michigan, then the Kings have another 2nd round gem on their hands.

It's really nice as a Kings fan to see some of the draft picks, i.e. Frolov, Cammalleri, Brown, Gleason, and even Belanger for that matter come to fruition.

BTW, Punchy, where are you from?

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
Outside of Christchurch New Zealand mate. I was just in the states and have been to the wedge this past summer. Is Corona the same as the Corona Del Mar jetty? Just curious.

If this bloke proves punch then you have to wonder if Tambellini, the player that the coach in Mich has said has the best natural talent of any of his kids in the past several years will be another brilliant lad for the Kings. Cammo, Tambellini Hogeboom to name of few are some real solid players that Davie Stitch has pulled from the College ranks and there are more and even a couple of other dandy lads in the mix too. Brilliant time to be a Kings fan.

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
What's interesting is that he is tied for team lead in goals when he's only played half the games.

dink182

Aug 7, 2002
Visit site
Last year, I thought he was going to be killed out there on the ice and he already got a concussion. But I said the same thing about Hemsky in Edmonton when he got his bell rung because he didn't learn to keep his head up yet. I guess Cammo just has to learn how to survive out there and pick his spots.

nikolai19

Jan 5, 2003
Corona, CA
myspace.com
punchy1 said:
Outside of Christchurch New Zealand mate. I was just in the states and have been to the wedge this past summer. Is Corona the same as the Corona Del Mar jetty? Just curious.

If this bloke proves punch then you have to wonder if Tambellini, the player that the coach in Mich has said has the best natural talent of any of his kids in the past several years will be another brilliant lad for the Kings. Cammo, Tambellini Hogeboom to name of few are some real solid players that Davie Stitch has pulled from the College ranks and there are more and even a couple of other dandy lads in the mix too. Brilliant time to be a Kings fan.

No, my man, Corona is more along the lines of Riverside (which is not by a river either). Think Disneyland and then trek east another 30 miles.

Regarding Cammy, like I said, he has a knack around the net. Watch the Washington game as well as the Detroit game and two of the three goals he scored were within 10 feet of the net. Proves he is not scared. At 5'9" 180 lbs, he is Comrie in the making. If we can get Cammy to be a MC type player, then we can praise scouting once again.

I've watched Tambs a couple of times and he reminds me of Alex Mogilny a bit. Good hands, good shot, etc. I am not a patient person which is part of my personality problem (Jeez, P's come at a premium in that last sentence). Hence, I would like to see Tambs make the jump next year much like Cammy did, my only thoughts would be that Berenson would have an effin' heart attack.

You put it best, Punch, it's a nice time to be an LA fan. It's exciting to see that we have some homegrown kids like Frolov, Cammy, Brown, Gleason that have already made some contributions, and Pushkarov, Tambs, Boyle, Grebs, Rome, Zaba, Karlsson, etc. that may make a push in the future.

Also, can't beat watching Ziggy dance guys coming up the wing.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Hmmmm all this Comrie talk...hes only had 60 and 51 point seasons last 2 years and now hes pouting.....I sure hope he turns out to be better than that.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
HOCKEY_GURU said:
Hmmmm all this Comrie talk...hes only had 60 and 51 point seasons last 2 years and now hes pouting.....I sure hope he turns out to be better than that.

Thats pretty darn good :)

Funkymoses

nikolai19 said:
At 5'9" 180 lbs, he is Comrie in the making. If we can get Cammy to be a MC type player, then we can praise scouting once again.

Comrie vs. Cammalleri: similar wheels, Comrie is a better puckhandler, Cammalleri the better shooter (significantly so). I think Cammalleri is probably his equal, talent-wise, as all things go. And he's obviously less of a whiny twat.

Leave Tamby alone, please. It's the least the Kings can do.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
Do you reckon that Tamby has the most natural talent of the three like your coach said? I have seen him play on a tape and he had a couple of goals in that game and he looked brilliant. But when I watched Cammy play he reminded me of the way Paul Kariya looked when he was with Maine. Fast and a real threat everytime he touched the puck. I reckon that Cammy is the better of the two but that coach at Michigan probably knows at least an oodle more than I could ever know about the game and its players.

I think that Comrie has had an exceptional career so far and if Cammy turns out to be close to as good as him then it will be duckie for the Kings. Cammy (squid) sure looks like the business to me so far. Another Michigan success story.

Twisted Wrister

Jun 29, 2002
The Boardroom
Visit site
punchy1 said:
Do you reckon that Tamby has the most natural talent of the three like your coach said?

Comparing the 3 Michigan players, Tambellini is easily the fastest skater of the 3, but Comrie and Cammalleri are better puckhandlers (with Comrie being the best as funky said). Both Cammalleri and Tambellini have quick, accurate shots, with Tambellini having the faster release. Berenson has compared it to Brett Hull, and that's not much of an exaggeration. Comrie and Cammalleri seem to have better ice vision than Tambellini, with Comrie being the best in that category.

Cammalleri also seems to be a grittier player, Tambellini so far prefers to stay on the perimeter of the play. He's not really one to score garbage goals. The goals he gets are usually because of his awesome wrister.

The Slap Shop

Shop Like a King
Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
I saw Tambellini at the Kings prospect Camp in July. I have never seen anyone in practices just go and take snap shots from the top of the circles coming down on the wing and fire about 3-6 in a row top corner. And we wasn't really missing. Even though it was practice. He was constantly picking that corner high glove against some of the better Kings goalie prospects.

Funkymoses

Agree with TW. Tambellini's the fastest skater of the three and has the best shot... the best shot I've ever seen in a college player. He is very adept at creating screens for himself, too, crafty. He plays point on the PP too.

Though I agree that Tamby's not much of a mucker on offense, he's a great backchecker with his speed and not a terrible defensive player either. I think he'll be a great success in the NHL.

#2FAN

You knew there was something special about mike cammalleri after his WJC performences. Lots of people said he was too small but he has some good heart. I base all my personal prospect opinions on the WJC.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Funkymoses said:
Agree with TW. Tambellini's the fastest skater of the three and has the best shot... the best shot I've ever seen in a college player. He is very adept at creating screens for himself, too, crafty. He plays point on the PP too.

Though I agree that Tamby's not much of a mucker on offense, he's a great backchecker with his speed and not a terrible defensive player either. I think he'll be a great success in the NHL.

Do you think that Amonte would be a good comparison?

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
Cheers for the Tamby info. Squid had himself another assist last night and was bloody well alone in front of the net and was robbed by Dafoe on the shot as well as on another. He had his chances. Frolov also had another point in that game. Two of the Kings high hope young lads are doing great so far. Now if Aulin can step into the mix and have the same effect it could be a very fun team to watch.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
another assist/point tonight...thats bout 10 points in last 10 games?..anyone else surprised..can he keep up this pace?...Go squid :yo:

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
I wonder if the squid will get any consideration for player of the week or anything like that? I mean, you are dead right on his scoring streak and he has been moved around a bit by his coach as well. Now that he is with Luc every night he is starting to get assists, put him on a line where he is the sniper and he will score the goals instead. Right torrid pace for squid.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
nikolai19 said:
Cammy has been outstanding since he recalled the second time for LA. He has found some chemistry with Robitalle, whom Mike says is really teaching him a lot about the game. If he can be as good as his buddy Comrie out of Michigan, then the Kings have another 2nd round gem on their hands.

It's really nice as a Kings fan to see some of the draft picks, i.e. Frolov, Cammalleri, Brown, Gleason, and even Belanger for that matter come to fruition.

BTW, Punchy, where are you from?

They have another great forward coming up in their system from Michigan as well. Tambellini.

LA has the best forward prospect crop around IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad