Waived: Mike Cammalleri for buy-out purposes

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
whoa, didnt expect this. i still think he definitely has something left in the tank. bet he ends up in pittsburgh on 87/71 wing and pots 20+.

His skating is just gone. The shot isn't, though.

Put him on a line with a center and winger who can do literally ALL the work and Cammy could probably pot 20+ goals.

The Devils just don't have that dynamic center yet. Or rather, I'd rather see Hell freeze over before Cammy is put on Zacha or Hischier's wing.

DeVols

#VFL
Jan 31, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Leads me to believe Shero has something in the works.

It's not like we needed the cap space.

Exactly. If I'm correct (which it's possible I may not be), we have the ability to LTIR Clowe's contact, if need be, which would give us the most cap available in the league at $28,072,499 prior to the buyouts.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I'm not sure why some people are shocked. Cammy was overpaid and hurt every single year. The Devils would of gladly kept him if his salary was 2 million less and if he could stay healthy but the value just isn't there imo.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Just saying.. If they sign Shatty and Offer sheet Draisatl, they are MUCH better than they were. If they can do that and land another forward, they should be a bubble team next year.

Sheros expletives

Jan 9, 2014
I actually like Cammy, and i think he will have bounceback season next year. A shame it won't be with the devils.

Then again his wrists may be shot and he may never get back to the player he was.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Just saying.. If they sign Shatty and Offer sheet Draisatl, they are MUCH better than they were. If they can do that and land another forward, they should be a bubble team next year.

As much as I'd love it, we are not offer sheeting Draisatl. It's not gonna happen.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I think giving up that many picks for Draisaitl would be a mistake. I think he's a tremendous player and he'd make us better, but he doesn't make us a legit competitor by himself. Plus we'll be looking at RFA status for some of our young players in a few years, and we wouldn't want to get bit.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
That's the second player in two days that was supposed to be traded to the ducks for an Anaheim defensemen that was bought out .

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
Him next to Thornton would lead to a lot of easy bottom six goals and PP goals.

Based on what? Cammalleri is not even good enough for that any more.

There's a reason the entire league has passed on him in trade for the last year when the Devils could've easily eaten a large chunk of his contract and likely would've accepted a bag of pucks for him.

I think its perfectly logical to take a low risk flyer on him again, but expecting anything out of him is a mistake. He's consistently hurt and has clearly taken a step back in his play.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
So Cammalleri another player some people tried to use in trades to get a good defenseman from Anaheim is on waivers.

imbatman

Aug 27, 2010
So Cammalleri another player some people tried to use in trades to get a good defenseman from Anaheim is on waivers.

Lol, its like the who's who of guys Ducks fan were arrogant for not wanting as the main pieces for their young D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad