Mike boone against fighting

Discussion in 'Montreal Canadiens' started by Toro, Oct 2, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. Toro

Toro Registered User

Auto worker
    Home Page:
    http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/boone/about-last-night-123

I wont be reading anymore mike boone..

Cant stand the against fighting some non hockey playing folk try to preach.

Fighting is part of hockey, if u dont like it dont watch hockey.

How did u fall in love with hockey in the first place if u dont like hockey fights

2. A1LeafNation

A1LeafNation Tavares Strong!!!

Take fighting out and the Kaleta's of the league will run wild.

Sticks incidents will rise too.

3. Beendair Donedat

Beendair Donedat Registered User

Mike Boone is right up there with Damien "Sucks" Cox. You can use their columns as an aid for fecal matter removal.

4. Toro

Toro Registered User

Auto worker
    Home Page:
    Love how he goes off on the first night of hockey on his rant about fighting after we lose our toughest guy to a freek fall to the ice during a hockey fight.
    Class is a trait that boone does not have a grasp on.

If i was a player on the habs i would cease to answer or be questioned by this baffoon boone. I would cut him off from the teet for good.

5. JLP

JLP Refugee

Fighting is part of hockey.
    Asbestos is part of houses...
    Cigarettes are part of restaurants...

Things change.

6. Toro

Toro Registered User

Auto worker
    Home Page:
    sorry thats just dumb, things dont have to change. NOt everything changes..

steak is still steak it won change

7. Beendair Donedat

Beendair Donedat Registered User

“Stupidity isn't punishable by death. If it was, there would be a hell of a population drop.â€

“There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.â€

8. ourobouros

ourobouros Registered User

are you talking about your brain?

9. MasterDecoy

MasterDecoy Who took my beer?

how mature

some people like fighting, some people don't, they are both equally right and the sooner you accept this the better everyone will be

10. Price My Man Crush

Price My Man Crush Registered User

Fighting is such a stupid thing! It's useless! Many people get a concussion from a fight! It's dangerous and it doesn't bring anything to this game!

Let's get rid of hitting, then. ****ing ****ers.

11. idk

idk Registered User

How do you figure?

I mean watching the game last night I saw one of our guys (Prust) get spiked head first into the boards twice from behind (Phaneuf and Fraser). Phaneuf I guess you can explain away - he hadn't met the new look, fighting mad Habs. But Fraser had already had his lunch fed to him by Moen. He had also seen Orr and Ashton get beaten. It didn't stop him from making a dirty, dangerous play.

I'm sorry. Last night, even after all the beatings we laid upon the Maple Leafs they still hacked, slashed, high-sticked and boarded their way to victory. They even sent their goons (Orr) after our skilled guys (Subban) despite all the "code" hubris they and half the league were whinging about about a week ago. It cost us a roster player.

I'm not one of those anti-fighting zealots who thinks that fighting is the complete opposite of hockey. But I'm not blind enough to believe that dirty play is in any way related to how many fighters you have on your team. Where were the big bad Bruins a few years back when Savard and Bergeron got injured? Where were Neil and Kassian last season when Cooke took out Karlsson?

12. The Gal Pals

The Gal Pals Breaking Hab

Fighting is a necessity in hockey. It's a deterrent. Without it, players would running wild making vicious hits on stars without any threat of retaliation. The only thing the league should look into are the staged fights where they drop the gloves at faceoffs.

13. The n00b King

The n00b King Kingin' since 2003

That's total ********.

It's the rules that allow these guys to run wild.

If the league put its pants on and wanted to clean up the league, these guys would be out of a job in a heart beat.

It's simple: suspend a guy 20 games for a cheap shot the first time, 50 games the second time, a full season the 3rd time and banned for life a fourth time.

When the consequences to a cheap play are heavy enough, players will think twice about playing like idiots. It's as simple as that.

But sadly, the league has no intentions of evolving to protect it's players. Instead it's trying to work around the problem in all kinds of lukewarm ways (see hybrid icing).

Fighting in no way stops cheap shots.

14. Spooky Actions

Spooky Actions Registered User

Fighting takes a lot of dirtiness out of the game. We seen that with increase in dirty head shots, stick swinging incidents of last 10-20 years. Fighting installs the fear factor in some while allowing others other means to release their on-ice frustrations. It's coming back

15. lillypad33

lillypad33 Registered User

Colton Orr hit Pacioretty from behind in the first period.
    It didn't look nasty, but it did injure Pacioretty.

The thing is.... it was an illegal hit. It was blindside, and late.

If the NHL had the balls to penalize this sort of hit, then idiots like Orr wouldn't be in the game, and fighting might have more of true purpose.

16. AH

AH Registered User

The best hockey we witness yearly is playoff hockey (last year's 1st round not withstanding which was a gong show anyways) and every 4 years of Olympic hockey.

What's the commonality here? There is NO FIGHTING.

Anyone to say that hockey is a part of the game, well it's not part of the best hockey we witness.

17. Garry Valk

Garry Valk Registered User

Home Page:
    Good reason to avoid a good writer. Why read someone you disagree with? Just put some blinders on and ignore anyone that has opinions varying from yours. That's the way to do it.

As for fighting itself, yeah, as an adult, I get a real kick out of people beating each other. I especially love when they get seriously hurt and bleed everywhere. Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will die soon!

18. AH

AH Registered User

It's easy to want a testosterone rush by watching others duke it out while you sit on your leather couch eating potato chips and sip on a beer.

Any other professional sport, you fight you are out of the game and likely suspended.

19. marchabsfan

marchabsfan Registered User

Home Page:
    stupid ass comment. Actually, I felt in love with hockey watching lemieux and jagr making great plays, not everyone bashing

20. hockeyfan2k11

hockeyfan2k11 Registered User

Fighting keeps players honest on the ice. If there was no fighting...we'd see players running around the ice taking liberties on any and everyone.

Hockey is a violent sport and it always will be. Not for the faint of heart.

Imagine if there was no fighting when Gretzky played. I doubt he'd have as great a career.

21. Agnostic

Agnostic 11 Stanley Cups

Who cares what mike ****ing Boone says. He's a old print media monkey who was given a computer and blog site and told to bang at the keyboard. Hes horrible as a messenger , and the timing makes him look like an angry sore loser.

That concussion was a freak accident like when Boones typing actually produces something coherent.

22. AH

AH Registered User

Lebron, Jordan, Magic, Bird, Carter, Dawson, Mariano Rivera, Gwynn, etc... didn't need a goon protecting them for them to become legends. Why should 99 be different?

23. CGG

CGG Registered User

Somebody please explain Detroit to me. They've only made the playoffs for 21 straight years and are basically the most successful team of recent decades. They are always 28th, 29th or 30th in the league in fighting majors. They don't have any fighters. Every opponent of course can therefore feel perfectly free to take liberties all night long. They have some of the biggest stars in the world in Datsyuk and Zetterberg. As far as I know, those two aren't constant victims of stick swingings, flying elbows and knife attacks.

What gives? If Detroit doesn't need to protect Datsyuk with a goon, why do we need a deterrant to protect Plekanec?

24. Agnostic

Agnostic 11 Stanley Cups

Don't forget Tiger Woods. I know it's stupid to say that but it' appears you like that kind of example.

25. AH

AH Registered User

I am talking about team sports ...

Football even in its violence doesn't allow fighting. It's toughest and most violent of all pro sports. But if you fight, you are gone.

The hockey establishment is full of neanderthals.