Mike Babcock Elite Coach Appreciation thread

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Before Babcock, the Leafs were awful. Since Babcock, the Leafs are much improved and still trending upward despite his love of country music.:sarcasm: Deep analysis, I know.;)

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I suspect that you could put half+ the coaches in the NHL in the same position with the same roster, and get, on average, equal results.

I suspect you underestimate the difficulty of coaching a young team in a place like Toronto.

I suspect you underestimate the difficulty in convincing offence first people like Marner, Kadri, Nylander to not allow their instincts to over power smart two way hockey.

I suspect you underestimate just how difficult it is to take a last place team to a 105 point team in 2 seasons.

I suspect you have a bias.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
I suspect you underestimate the difficulty of coaching a young team in a place like Toronto.

I suspect you underestimate the difficulty in convincing offence first people like Marner, Kadri, Nylander to not allow their instincts to over power smart two way hockey.

I suspect you underestimate just how difficult it is to take a last place team to a 105 point team in 2 seasons.

I suspect you have a bias.

Nah, I suspect not.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
fb5f7628840d0b02c3ab29a9c016e56b.jpg

354mus.jpg

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
The real question is, how elite is he?

1. AAA Elite
2. AAA Elite
3. AAA Elite
4. AAAll of the above

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
for a coach that is supposed to make our team hard working, we are a pretty lazy team

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I think it should also be pointed out that his constant abuse and whining at officials is probably hurting the Leafs in getting calls. he has to conduct himself better

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I think it should also be pointed out that his constant abuse and whining at officials is probably hurting the Leafs in getting calls. he has to conduct himself better
Should this be pointed out in an "appreciation thread"?
Since the people criticizing the coach in this thread cant read
Its called an "appreciation thread". You know where we say positive things, not negative things.

PS: Also isnt that what people have been saying Babcock should do more? Its funny. They say Babcock doesnt go after the officials enough. Now its he is going after them too much? You cant have it both ways.

Reactions: DarkKnight

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
"We're caught in a trap, I can't walk out ..."
Elvis
"Because I love you too much, Babsy"
IBeL34f
I'm pretty sure I've seen every NHL coach for the past 25 years - (can't comment on the years before that, unfortunately, but my assumption is that it's going on longer than that as well) - do the exact same bitching to the refs that Babcock does, and oftentimes I'm glad he's doing it, because sometimes the officials are shitty at their jobs and deserve to be chewed out for it.

Reactions: White Shadow

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Nice to see people still can't figure out what appreciation means.

Keep it up Babcock! The team keeps getting better season after season under you.

Reactions: stickty111

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->