Confirmed with Link: #MikaFreed

sensfandan

Aug 21, 2004
Ottawa
Antoine Vermette scored back to back 20 goal seasons with the likes of Stone Hands Kelly and Chris Neil. People vastly overrate the effect linemates have on a player's production.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I guess its a damnation of our bottom two lines then.

They turned from a strength into a weakness overnight it seems.

I'm not a big proponent of line combinations though. I think the bottom-sixers have been lacklustre each individually.

WhiteLight*

Via my pal @Syl_St_Laurent here are Sens lines: Michalek-Spezza-Conacher. MacArthur-Turris-Ryan. Greening-Smith-Neil. Grant-Zibanejad-Condra

KILL ME NOW

MACLEAN PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET RID OF THE GREENING-SMITH-NEIL LINE

IT'S ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE

Why bother calling Zib up if you're going to stick on the 4th line with no minutes while you give Zack Smith, aka literally can't do anything except take bad penalties and occasionally score easy goals, 3rd line minutes.

I'm annoyed

#FreeMika

Absolutely awful. Mac is doing everything he can not to win the Adams again. With this lineup, you have 2 lines that are not useless, and one of them (Spezza's) is horrible defensively.

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Conacher - Zibanejad - Pageau
Smith - Grant - Condra

Gives you 3 useful lines. The 4th line is very solid defensively and is filled with PKers.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
How can either of those prove themselves when one is scratched for half the games and the other is playing with Kassian

They can't. Because when they did play they didn't play well enough to warrant more than that in the coach's eyes.

:dunno:

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Antoine Vermette scored back to back 20 goal seasons with the likes of Stone Hands Kelly and Chris Neil. People vastly overrate the effect linemates have on a player's production.

Yeah Dany Heatley did great without a proper elite playmaking centre!! :nod:

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
What is with MACs insistence on using the same garbage failing lines! Its like coach of the year went to his head and now he thinks he is rumplestiltskin trying to weave gold from crap! Well he isn't rumplestiltskin!!!!!

John Holmes*

But don't question the Murray's or the Stache.

They just know so much more than anyone else.

sensfandan

Aug 21, 2004
Ottawa
Yeah Dany Heatley did great without a proper elite playmaking centre!! :nod:

Heatley's demise begin in his second year in San Jose, when he still had Thornton has his centre. Besides, Heatley played his very best hockey in Ottawa when Spezza was injured, and he had to play a month with Chris Kelly as his centre. Heatley has no one to blame but himself for the player he's become.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I wish we had the stats the see just how bad the smith neil greening line is.
I actually like the lines beside that one.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
But don't question the Murray's or the Stache.

They just know so much more than anyone else.

They do know more than any of us.

Nothing wrong with questioning them though, it is why we are all here. If they get it wrong, at least you get bonus points for being not wrong. It kind of softens the blow of seeing your team lose.

John Holmes*

Chris Kelly and Neil 5 years ago were much better players than anything we're rolling out of the bottom 6 these days.

Even with stone hands, Kelly came close to 20 a few times and did hit it in Boston.

John Holmes*

They do know more than any of us.

Nothing wrong with questioning them though, it is why we are all here. If they get it wrong, at least you get bonus points for being not wrong. It kind of softens the blow of seeing your team lose.

No, they don't.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Man I am confused Greening-Smith-Neil Why Why Why ? Leave Zibanejad down if he is playing with forth line scubs, I thought that was why he was sent down ?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm proud of team management for getting over themselves and trying to ice the best possible line-up (in terms of bringing up Zibanejad).

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Absolutely awful. Mac is doing everything he can not to win the Adams again. With this lineup, you have 2 lines that are not useless, and one of them (Spezza's) is horrible defensively.

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Conacher - Zibanejad - Pageau
Smith - Grant - Condra

Gives you 3 useful lines. The 4th line is very solid defensively and is filled with PKers.

They will never sit Neil and Kassian.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Maybe Zibanejad is up just for Wednesdays game and then sent back down for weekend first line minutes with Binghamton ?

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Yeah, they do. Pageau is out but its not for performance reasons. I'll leave it at that.

well that's not going to lead to crazy speculation at all.....
why would you leave it at that? i guarantee everyone's imagination is far crazier than realilty.

Drug issues? Drunk all the time? sleeping with a teammates wife?
those are the standard 'non performance speculations'

John Holmes*

Yeah, they do. Pageau is out but its not for performance reasons. I'll leave it at that.

OK of course they know things we don't in terms of the behind the scenes of the team, but they don't have magic powers.

The reasons that they give for these types of moves are complete BS.

Did Zibanejad get the 1st line minutes, etc that he needed in 6 games?

:laugh:

Please.

So what's up with Pageau?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->