Confirmed with Link: #MikaFreed

John Holmes*

I hope they keep Pageau up.

Those two with Conacher had good chemistry.

John Holmes*

Yeah JOB was doing well before he was exiled.

I'd like to know that story. Wouldn't we all.

sensfandan

Aug 21, 2004
Ottawa
First off, I'm pumped for Zibby, he must've really impressed them with his work down there to be back up after only 6 games. That's a faster turnaround then when Karlsson got sent down.

Second, regarding lines, I've been hoping for a while to see a reunion of Smith - Condra. Smith 11-12 was at his best when he had Condra as his winger, I think with Neil he tries to play too much of a positional game while he lets Neil run amock. With Condra, he can afford to be more aggressive.

Greening - Zibanejad - Neil
Grant - Smith - Condra

Looks like a very balanced bottom 6. Also, hopefully Zibanejad can kickstart our powerplay.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Why split up the top line of mac-turris-ryan?

I feel like Mac/Turris drive the play on their line whenever they are on with their speed and smart decisions. Ryan has been opportunistic (as well as being a force at times) but I'd like to see Michalek off the top line mostly because I feel like he kills the play too much...I think MacA and Turris would do a better job compensating for that and allowing Michalek to do focus more on crashing the net and scoring as opposed to trying to play a defensive role. But maybe switch Greening and Conacher in that case.

I hope they keep Pageau up.

Those two with Conacher had good chemistry.

Conacher - Pageau - Zibanejad? I wouldn't mind that line at all.

Greening - Spezza - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Michalek
Conacher - Pageau - Zibanejad

Three legit scoring lines that are all very dangerous.

sensfandan

Aug 21, 2004
Ottawa
I feel like Mac/Turris drive the play on their line whenever they are on with their speed and smart decisions. Ryan has been opportunistic (as well as being a force at times) but I'd like to see Michalek off the top line mostly because I feel like he kills the play too much...I think MacA and Turris would do a better job compensating for that and allowing Michalek to do focus more on crashing the net and scoring as opposed to trying to play a defensive role. But maybe switch Greening and Conacher in that case.

Conacher - Pageau - Zibanejad? I wouldn't mind that line at all.

Greening - Spezza - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Michalek
Conacher - Pageau - Zibanejad

Three legit scoring lines that are all very dangerous.

+1, I'd love to see that lineup.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
First off, I'm pumped for Zibby, he must've really impressed them with his work down there to be back up after only 6 games. That's a faster turnaround then when Karlsson got sent down.

Second, regarding lines, I've been hoping for a while to see a reunion of Smith - Condra. Smith 11-12 was at his best when he had Condra as his winger, I think with Neil he tries to play too much of a positional game while he lets Neil run amock. With Condra, he can afford to be more aggressive.

Greening - Zibanejad - Neil
Grant - Smith - Condra

Looks like a very balanced bottom 6. Also, hopefully Zibanejad can kickstart our powerplay.

Poor Habs.:handclap:

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I don't know.

I'll be happy to see him play again, but this doesn't inspire confidence in Management's "plan" for him.

Unless this is just a big box of chocolates and bouquet of flowers for an apology.

Spinkis

Dec 26, 2011
tumblr_mnzbqyrFoM1rwl6lbo1_500.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

sensfandan

Aug 21, 2004
Ottawa
I don't know.

I'll be happy to see him play again, but this doesn't inspire confidence in Management's "plan" for him.

Unless this is just a big box of chocolates and bouquet of flowers for an apology.

It's not uncommon for organizations to give quick stints in the minors to their top young players. The best talents dominate and force management's hand, as Karlsson and Spezza did. The lesser talents, like Rundblad, Filatov etc., can toil away for a few years while carrying out management's "plan".

I'm actually really pleased Zibby was able to force his way back up so quick. It's rare that you see top end talents needing to spend a lot of time in the minors, they normally make it really hard to justify leaving them down. Zibby's trajectory, at only 20 years of age, is really promising at the moment.

John Holmes*

What's the point of exchanging Zibanejad for Pageau and then lining him up with the same scrubs?

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I know this may sound crazy, but I kinda liked the idea of him down in the AHL for 20 or more games. Developing his offensive game is a good thing long term. I kinda think Pageau may benefit from the same experience.

Sarcasticus

Mar 25, 2010
Ottawa
Well, I suspect Pageau is getting sent back down. He was excellent in the faceoff circle last year in the playoffs but is doing poorly so far this year.

I imagine we'll see him back up before the end of the year, but some time in the AHL getting top line minutes will be good for his development.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Its going to be sad to watch everyone turn on him when he's not a PPG immediately.
i give it 5 games.

John Holmes*

If he is centering Kassian and Condra I wouldn't expect much different than what we saw out of Pageau.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Via my pal @Syl_St_Laurent here are Sens lines: Michalek-Spezza-Conacher. MacArthur-Turris-Ryan. Greening-Smith-Neil. Grant-Zibanejad-Condra

KILL ME NOW

MACLEAN PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET RID OF THE GREENING-SMITH-NEIL LINE

IT'S ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE

Why bother calling Zib up if you're going to stick on the 4th line with no minutes while you give Zack Smith, aka literally can't do anything except take bad penalties and occasionally score easy goals, 3rd line minutes.

I'm annoyed

#FreeMika

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Hopefully we can keep kassian in the lineup.
Just having him on the bench seems to be preventing fights. if we take him out im concerned everyone on the team may get beat up.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Now give Pageau an opportunity to refine his game in the AHL

Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Macaurthur - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Zibanejad - Conacher
Condra - Grant - Neil

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
It's not uncommon for organizations to give quick stints in the minors to their top young players. The best talents dominate and force management's hand, as Karlsson and Spezza did. The lesser talents, like Rundblad, Filatov etc., can toil away for a few years while carrying out management's "plan".

I'm actually really pleased Zibby was able to force his way back up so quick. It's rare that you see top end talents needing to spend a lot of time in the minors, they normally make it really hard to justify leaving them down. Zibby's trajectory, at only 20 years of age, is really promising at the moment.

I'm someone who actually wanted us to draft Zibby at the time of the draft. He'll be a very good player for us.

But I was giving BM and co. the benefit of a doubt that they were doing the right thing by having him play 1st line, 1st PP, 1st PK duties in Bingo.

What has happened would appear to be awarding him the spot by default, rather than him forcing their hand. He's played well in Bingo so far, but isn't dominating by any means. It's more that DaCosta and Pageau didn't get it done with the big club the way brass had expected/hoped.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Excellent, get Condra to teach Zibonejid (or whatever) the way of the Fenwick.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
It's more that DaCosta and Pageau didn't get it done with the big club the way brass had expected/hoped.

How can either of those prove themselves when one is scratched for half the games and the other is playing with Kassian

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
How can either of those prove themselves when one is scratched for half the games and the other is playing with Kassian

Because the top two centre spots are taken. If you want to be a centre on the Senators, you will have to play on the 3rd or 4th line. I guess Kassian is an anchor, but it looks like he is out for now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->