Value of: Mikael Sergachev

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Sorry, I didn't pick up it being sarcasm. We definitely have some moves to make and, if I am being completely honest, I wouldn't mind trading Sergachev.

However, I would also want to trade Callahan, Palat, Johnson, and Gourde as well. Yes, all 4 of them. Moving those 4 would give us ample cap space to resign Point and Vasilevskiy long term and we could sign Cernak, Cirelli, and Joseph to bridge deals.

I know the Lightning need a bit of a shakeup and I think moving Cally, Pally, Johnny, and Gourdo would be sufficient.
How much capspace would those 4 take up? Would you give up Sergachev just to take those 4 on?

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
You aren't doing the Lightning any favors by trading for our group of skilled and affordable forwards.

Also I imagine anything that doesn't have equivalent value to a top 10 pick gets laughed at when discussing Sergachev. Any team that wants a potential #1 D would be stupid to not consider Sergachev, he has a freakishly good set of physical gifts and already one of the best offensive defenders in the league.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
No, teams would obviously need to give up futures to get those guys
Not going to be much going other way for futures. Those 4 contracts are over 20 million. With 3 of them long term, 5 years. The other one, Callahan is only 1 more year but at 5.8 million and 7 goals? He would be negative value!
Around 20 million a year for long term will bring us 2 top line free agents. Instead of 4 average players.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Fellow oilers fans probably won’t do it, but 8OA + Benning for Serg + 93 OA ? Oilers need a offensive Dman and Sergachev is better then anyone sans Byram who will be long gone in by their pick.

ADD-devil950003

Dec 6, 2006
NY
Sergachev and Callahan for Severson, Boston’s 2nd, +?

If the kid is truly available then Shero has to be all over it. Even if Tampa wants to get more value by just trading Serg by himself then I’m sure a top 5 protected 2020 first round pick and more can be had. Him and Smith could be the future of NJ’s D.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
serg for trouba is an idea that makes sense but not without a new contract for trouba

The two most likely outcomes regarding Trouba is:

- he’s traded before his arbitration hearing to a team he’s open to signing with in the east in the USA....three biggest favourites are Bolts, Wings and Panthers (I would add Rangers & Flyers also) with a agreed upon contract. IMO this is the most likely outcome bc it’s benefits the Jets, his new team and most importantly Trouba himself more then any other option.

- Failing the above option. Trouba is kept one more year for a cup run and then walks in a year or traded next TDL if the Jets aren’t doing well.

- Least likely option is trading him this summer as a one year rental, bc it’s just not logical for the Jets or Trouba.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Good starting point, but both teams are facing Cap problems.

TB needs to add to balance the quality of players. WPG can't absorb contracts.

Jets can take contract back as long as it fills a need and not a dumb. Jets only needs are a dynamic 2C and defence to replace Trouba. Myers walks, Trouba trade, Kul traded (with mid range pick or C level prospect) and MP trade for a minor return........that frees up from the real/projected cap more then 21 million easy. People who think the Jets have a cap issue next year assume Myers & Trouba are both signed long term, MP & Kul won’t be traded and our RFA all have career years and want max year terms of 8 years......literally none of those are going to happen. I’m not saying the Jets have tons of cap and nothing to fill it......obviously like all cap teams it’s about priorities........defence is pretty big need.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
The two most likely outcomes regarding Trouba is:

- he’s traded before his arbitration hearing to a team he’s open to signing with in the east in the USA....three biggest favourites are Bolts, Wings and Panthers (I would add Rangers & Flyers also) with a agreed upon contract. IMO this is the most likely outcome bc it’s benefits the Jets, his new team and most importantly Trouba himself more then any other option.

- Failing the above option. Trouba is kept one more year for a cup run and then walks in a year or traded next TDL if the Jets aren’t doing well.

- Least likely option is trading him this summer as a one year rental, bc it’s just not logical for the Jets or Trouba.
option 1 to tampa i would be interested in

Reactions: Hunter368

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'd entertain the possibility, but I have serious concerns that Trouba will take anything approaching a reasonable deal. He seems to think he's a #1 and wants to be paid like one - and I don't think we can afford *another* #1D-type contract with Hedman and McD on the books.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad